AutoFab Raptor Hood Pin Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those looking to apply the good old famous AutoFab Hood Pins for purpose, we now have the answer. RaptorAddict.com and AutoFab paired up to create a solution for real and proper use for the pins. The point of the hood pin kit is not only to prevent the hood from flying upward, but to capture it in both directions. With the use of this kit you can eliminate your factory hood latch and hood stops. This is your new hood stop. We took the proper measurements to create a stool for the kit, which when installed will place the hood evenly with the fenders when closed. The stock hood latch can still be used for extra safety on public streets with a minor upward adjustment. Extra hardware has been added for installation to prevent cutting big, ugly openings on the underside of the hood. Retail Price 119.95.

Attachments

• Hood Pins 005.jpg
    Hood Pins 005.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 432
  • Hood Pins 001.jpg
    Hood Pins 001.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 677

Lance Vincent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not downing the pins here. Hope i dont come across like i am. Just what i ran into in the past.

I used the same set up on my offshore race boat the vibration would eat away the coating where the pin is in the post. Granted this was salt water some times. Now that being said do we have the vibration of a race boat doing 110 mph across 2 to 3 foot chop for over an hour?

I got some SS pins from Merc Racing to fix the problem.

These are a nice set up and will prob order some soon. But will use SS pins in mine.

OP
OP
RaptorAddict.com

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not downing the pins here. Hope i dont come across like i am. Just what i ran into in the past.

I used the same set up on my offshore race boat the vibration would eat away the coating where the pin is in the post. Granted this was salt water some times. Now that being said do we have the vibration of a race boat doing 110 mph across 2 to 3 foot chop for over an hour?

I got some SS pins from Merc Racing to fix the problem.

These are a nice set up and will prob order some soon. But will use SS pins in mine.

I understand completely. So far, this assemble has worked very well with no issues. You can use anything you desire in place of the pins. This kit was created with offering the user easier installation with the pin stool and the threadserts.