GEN 2 Auto Start/Stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
I am having the opposite problem... to most I guess this wouldn't be a problem. Mine doesn't work it shut off and started once when I first got the truck and since it won't shut off at a stop light. I have had it at Ford and so far they can't fiqure out why it is not working as all the required peramitters are there for it to work.

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some are disabling it though FORSCAN but still curious how it's working out for those who have used this method.

BCM 726-48-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx

I installed that code yesterday. so far so good. the little A with line through it is on the dash display. I have not had any issues yet with it. put on about 60 city stop n go miles

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to disabling this. Went with the hardware solution outlined at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf0dQEUg9VQ. Was pretty straightforward, but a wasp did fly into my truck while doing this which complicated matters. Was really glad I opted for the moonroof cause he was PISSED. Anyways, well worth the time as it's just so much less jarring creeping around town.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living in Houston, where it already is hot and humid, the Auto Start/Stop is a total fail. I now have a reflex habit of pressing the Starter when I get in the truck, and immediately press the button to defeat Start/Stop.

If you leave it enabled, and come to a stop where it shuts off the engine, you lose power steering (which admittedly isn't a huge deal), but the real killer is that you lose the A/C compressor. The fan runs, but no A/C.

In Houston this is merely unacceptable. I know you can defeat the Start/Stop by having Max A/C, but I paid to have a tech-advanced truck and I like using the Auto Temp settings. I absolutely hate this dumb-ass feature.

I am having the opposite problem... to most I guess this wouldn't be a problem. Mine doesn't work it shut off and started once when I first got the truck and since it won't shut off at a stop light. I have had it at Ford and so far they can't fiqure out why it is not working as all the required peramitters are there for it to work.

I believe these two "issues" might have a lot to do with each other assuming that everything is working the way it's supposed to.

Most auto off/on systems will only work to a point where the vehicle, based on the electrical draw, will automatically turn back on even if you haven't moved.

The AC is slightly different because unless your systems temp.is set to auto, it won't hold a temp and the engine will only turn back on when it needs to charge the battery again because of the electrical draw...not because it gets hot/cold inside for the driver.

I own two other vehicles that have this feature and the Raptor will be the 3rd. It definitely takes getting used to because my initial reaction is to think it's a stall. I do turn it off in stop/go traffic because it gets annoying.

I also used to think something was wrong with this feature and/or there was a problem with the car because it would shut off sometimes, but not others, and seemingly turn off at a stop light, but turn right back on within 10-15 seconds while I was still stopped at the same light.

I learned later that it had to do with electrical draw and in hindsight remembered Having lots of stuff on, I.e. Headlights, radio, nav, heated seats, etc...

I was talking to a buddy of mine that also owns a G2 Raptor and it all came together that auto start/stop systems work very similar to each other regardless of brand. YMMV

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this several weeks ago with no side affects. Living in AZ it sucked when the a/c would stop blowing on those warmer days.

I hear ya... It dies and tries to keep the air going but it's so damn annoying and you can tell the air slows down and gets warmer within seconds...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So one of the DQ’s for auto stop is (non) moderate ambient temp.
so ... what does Ford consider a moderate ambient temp?

The system automatically enables every time you start your vehicle if:
• You do not press the Auto-Start-Stop button (not illuminated).
• Your vehicle exceeds an initial speed of 3 mph (5 km/h) after you have initially started your vehicle.
• You have stopped your vehicle.
• Your foot is on the brake pedal.
• The transmission is in drive (D) or Sport mode (enable by pressing the Auto-Start-Stop button).
• The driver door is closed.
• There is adequate brake vacuum.
The interior compartment has cooled or warmed to an acceptable level.
• The front windshield defroster is off.
• You have not turned the steering wheel rapidly or you do not have it at a sharp angle.
• The vehicle is not on a steep road grade.
• The battery is within optimal operating conditions (battery state of charge and temperature in range).
• The engine coolant is at operating temperature.
• Elevation is below about 11,000 ft (3,350 m).
Ambient temperature is moderate.
• You have selected 4X2 or Auto mode.
• If equipped with Terrain mode, and you select auto snow/ice mode only.
• The trailer is not connected.
• You have not selected Tow haul.
• You have not selected Manual mode.

Automatic Engine Restart
Any of the following conditions will result in an automatic restart of the engine:
• You have removed your foot from the brake pedal.
• You press the accelerator pedal.
• You press the accelerator and the brake pedal at the same time.
• The driver safety belt becomes unfastened or the driver door is ajar.
• You have moved the transmission from drive (D) to any gear except park (P).
• Your vehicle is moving.
• The interior compartment does not meet customer comfort when air conditioning or heat is on.
• Fogging of the windows could occur and the air conditioning is on.
• The battery is not within optimal operating conditions.
• You have exceeded the maximum engine off time.
• When you press the Auto-Start-Stop button with the engine automatically stopped.
• The front defroster is turned to the Max setting.
Any of the following conditions may result in an automatic restart of the engine:
• You have increased the blower fan speed or changed the climate control temperature.
• You have an electrical accessory turned on or plugged in.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just did it with FORScan on my truck.... AWESOME! No issue. Better than jumping the switch, using a tailor plug, etc. MUST DO!

If you are in AZ and bring budlight I will hook ya up.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did it with FORScan on my truck.... AWESOME! No issue. Better than jumping the switch, using a tailor plug, etc. MUST DO!

If you are in AZ and bring budlight I will hook ya up.

Hmmm, I might take you up on this. Just picked up my Raptor and not sure I'm going to like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk