Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Anyone who was at yesterdays "Raptor Assault" yesterday...thanks for a great day

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by goblues38, May 14, 2019.

1. cbland1979

cbland1979 Member

I was absolutely amazed at the abuse the truck took (not that we were driving like idiots or anything) and didn't break a sweat. It made me realize that I'm being overly cautious with my rig so I don't break or damage it. After the Raptor Assault I know where the limits are and that was one thing I wanted out of the class.

During our time out there last month the Baja course was really wet, slick, and rutted out. We were limited to a top speed of 40 and that was plenty fast for me. I can't imagine anyone going much faster than that, let alone 60+ in the condition the course was that day. The pucker factor definitely came into play, that's for sure.

2. waveslayer

waveslayer Full Access Member

We need to get you out with us then! We will show you what a Raptor can do, lol. They are amazing machines for stock rigs. If you ever come near San Diego we will take you to Anza and do some more Baja stuff

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

cbland1979 likes this.
  3. POOPonYOU

POOPonYOU Full Access Member

I was there 2 weeks ago. How crazy does it feel when you're sideways at 30 degrees? Yikes!

Denyen and cbland1979 like this.
  4. Seartrip

Seartrip Member

No kidding. I would've been reluctant to push the limits on my own Raptor, afraid I'd actually roll it and then be immortalized on the internet as the jackass that rolled his Raptor. My instructors came over and shoot it hard, too- definitely wouldn't have thought that was a good idea but it was solid. I remember thinking I was glad we had seatbelts on as we were almost sliding out the lower side.

POOPonYOU likes this.
  5. Denyen

Denyen Member

Doesn't look like much until you are there. Had a blast when I went. Great excuse for a vacation.

PGP36513.JPG

6. Jr24

Jr24 Full Access Member

I agree with most in this thread. I went last August and had a blast, and if I ever buy another new Raptor, I would definitely go again.

7. Loufish

Loufish Full Access Member

Looks pretty awesome to me....30 degs correct?

8. Offsetz33

Offsetz33 Full Access Member

Good to know - I’ll be there this weekend!