Anyone want a 6.2 Long Tube Header From Stainless Works? - Raptor 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SW-Anthony

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

We here, at Stainless Works, are looking to see how many people would be interested in a long tube header and true dual exhaust for your 6.2l Raptor. I asked BigJ for permission, and he gave me the go ahead to ask away.

Those of you who aren't familiar with us, we build a high quality U.S made 304 SS long tube headers and cat back exhaust for pretty much any muscle car out there.

Here is an example of what the header would look like :rockon:
FT09HB.JPG

Post up if you guys are interested or have any questions!
Thanks
-Anthony

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
VERY nice!

A few questions
1) any option for the 5.4?
2) do you offer coatings on your units?
3) for those of us unlucky enough to live in CARB states, I assume these long tubes are a no go?

Thanks again Anthony!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much would a full system cost?

Also do you have products for the old, underpowered, antiquated and usually spoken about with contemptuous mirth 5.4L engine, err boat anchor?

Thanks in advance.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think if you built a nice set of 6.2 headers, you'd hit a home run.

(I'm getting by with the ol' boat anchor... errr... 5.4)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that long tube headers won't be legal here in the land of bankruptcy. But don't worry, those of you in the other 49 states will soon be bailing us out. Hey, your money is working its magic at GM and Dodge why not here in Taxifornia?!

OP
OP
S

SW-Anthony

Reaction score
VERY nice!

A few questions
1) any option for the 5.4?
2) do you offer coatings on your units?
3) for those of us unlucky enough to live in CARB states, I assume these long tubes are a no go?

Thanks again Anthony!

BigJ - We currently have a long tube for the 09-10 normal f150 5.4. In fact, thats the header that is pictured. I'm trying to do research as we speak to see if there is any different between the raptor and normal f150. Any thoughts?

We do offer a coating option. Being that its a 304 stainless, the only benefit would be to keep the header looking shiny, and a little bit of heat reduction. However, once the truck is ran for a certain amount of time, the header will eventually heat sync and become the same temp as if it were not coated.

Carb states will have to use the system as an "offroad" system : (

OP
OP
S

SW-Anthony

Reaction score
How much would a full system cost?

Also do you have products for the old, underpowered, antiquated and usually spoken about with contemptuous mirth 5.4L engine, err boat anchor?

Thanks in advance.

Prices will be comparable to our existing pricing. Without actually have a set built yet for the truck, its tough to see what the cost is.

Here is a link (Mods, I am not trying to advertise, just show what the pricing would be)
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php?cPath=382_439_534

Like i mentioned above, we have a header for the normal F150 w. the 5.4, but we are unsure if it fits the raptor.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BigJ - We currently have a long tube for the 09-10 normal f150 5.4. In fact, thats the header that is pictured. I'm trying to do research as we speak to see if there is any different between the raptor and normal f150. Any thoughts?
With my very untrained eye, I think you're in good shape. There's MORE room in there than the standard F150.

But PLEASE don't take my word for it. I'm just eyeballing my engine bay (5.4) and going from memory of seeing another standard F150 2010 5.4 bay.

We do offer a coating option. Being that its a 304 stainless, the only benefit would be to keep the header looking shiny, and a little bit of heat reduction. However, once the truck is ran for a certain amount of time, the header will eventually heat sync and become the same temp as if it were not coated.

Carb states will have to use the system as an "offroad" system : (
Roger, and roger.

Prices will be comparable to our existing pricing. Without actually have a set built yet for the truck, its tough to see what the cost is.

Here is a link (Mods, I am not trying to advertise, just show what the pricing would be)

Like i mentioned above, we have a header for the normal F150 w. the 5.4, but we are unsure if it fits the raptor.
No worries Anthony. Alls good for the time being.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Aside from the mid-pipe are there any huge difference between the 04-08 L/Ts and 09+ L/Ts