Anyone imported a new raptor to Canada? Experiences ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tango68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fully understand why Canadian dealers are pissed... No, I'm not a dealer but I have worked at dealerships and my son is a Ford Service manager, did you know that Ford penalises dealerships for doing to much warranty work?
Asking a dealer to take on that burden when they didn't even get the initial sale is bound to upset them, sometimes it's not all about customer service. Also, you should consider also the effect on our economy if everyone went south to buy vehicles, ask the guys in Windsor and Oshawa who are about to lose their jobs about the declining market in Canada .
PS. I work for a Transit Bus manufacturer that has production in both Canada and US so I am not bias either way.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point tango68! I bought mine in Canada for several reasons, the resale value is always higher on a used Canadian truck over one from the US, most people are too scared to buy a used US vehicle, The speedometer issue, The extra time and money looking and traveling to The US to make the purchase, and the important break-in period is lost to highway miles.
I do however buy all my mods across the boarder the price difference is far to large to buy here in Canada. With the Canadian dollar above par I can no longer understand the huge price difference on Free trade items.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Brookside

Reaction score
I fully understand why Canadian dealers are pissed... No, I'm not a dealer but I have worked at dealerships and my son is a Ford Service manager, did you know that Ford penalises dealerships for doing to much warranty work?
Asking a dealer to take on that burden when they didn't even get the initial sale is bound to upset them, sometimes it's not all about customer service. Also, you should consider also the effect on our economy if everyone went south to buy vehicles, ask the guys in Windsor and Oshawa whGo are about to lose their jobs about the declining market in Canada .
PS. I work for a Transit Bus manufacturer that has production in both Canada and US so I am not bias either way.

Sorry but I have absolutely no sympathy for local dealers nor am I personally responsible for the economy. If people are worried about jobs being lost because of overpricing and subsequent lost sales, maybe they should look at the ********* OEM who is setting those artificially high prices in the first place.

Don't somehow make that my fault so that I get guilted into spending an extra $12k - sheesh talk
About downloading stuff onto the little guy !

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really think someone cares if the speedo is in MPH when it has KM/h on it as well? The odometer etc is in Canadian And most people that buy them from the US was do the deal online and over the phone so there is no travel costs have them shipped up so break in is no different ya sound like you work for one of those dealers spreading misinformation

Sent from my Note2

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sent from my Note2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357404644275.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357404644275.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 72

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's one of the speedo.

Sent from my Note2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357405075573.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357405075573.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 83

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you really think someone cares if the speedo is in MPH when it has KM/h on it as well? The odometer etc is in Canadian And most people that buy them from the US was do the deal online and over the phone so there is no travel costs have them shipped up so break in is no different ya sound like you work for one of those dealers spreading misinformation

Sent from my Note2

Are you retarded? No I don't work for one of those dealers, *******. Yes it does bother my friend who bought one from the states, that was his biggest gripe about the truck. It would not bother me so much as I have a few muscle cars that have MPH.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that went off the rails quick I don't think that warranted ya to go off like that was just making an observation it wasn't a personal attack.

Sorry was not meant to **** you off.

Sent from my Note2

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow that went off the rails quick I don't think that warranted ya to go off like that was just making an observation it wasn't a personal attack.

Sorry was not meant to **** you off.

Sent from my Note2

Well saying that I am spreading misinformation and I probably work for one of those dealers, Ya it ****** me off.