Anyone considering a Ranger Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I can't believe I'm even making this thread, but here we are :p My living situation is likely changing within the next year or 2, so I'm just thinking ahead. I love my Gen 2 Raptor to bits, but I am likely moving to a condo with underground parking when my truck is too tall :( I have to go there to measure the actual height, it isn't posted and I'm sure the HOA doesn't know, and if they think they know, it likely is ******* wrong anyway... I live in the heart of Los Angeles (La Brea / Melrose) so having a smaller vehicle wouldn't be a bad thing right? I am surprised to find out that the RR is full time AWD - I am used to this coming from the Audi/VW world forever. The linked rear in the RR looks really good too. I mean, at this point its going to be something like the RR or an Audi Allroad but I really prefer a pickup.

So, is anyone else considering the RR? 405HP in a 500lbs less truck seems not too shabby to me :p

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have considered it and have even made some phone calls. Most places are at 5k ADM but have had a few want 15k. That's 25% of the MSRP. Crazy. Going to hold off for a bit but I'm sure one will eventually end up in my driveway for my wife.
I have a buddy who owns a shop that has his coming in next week. And one of his best buddies has one. Said it is fu'ing awesome. More power than you need and a super smooth ride. And he has drove lots of offroad vehicals.

Morgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised to see there are so few options available, mostly just color. Cactus Gray looks great, reminds me of Avalanche Grey.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think they were a whole lot smaller. Does anyone have the height/width/length specs? Lmgfy