Anyone added beadlock rings to stock BL ready wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel if you can run at a safe pressure/speed on road with beadlocks then we as consumers should be able to do so. Im sure most law enforcement would not be able/care to be so picky to stop you today with the fake or real beadlocks today.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have worked law enforcement for many years and I know I haven't a clue in the world about the legalities of beadlocks and know none of the guys I worked with would either. I can't even imagine the most strict motor unit knowing the rules on them them but no normal LEO would ever stop you or hassle you over beadlocks unless you were doing something else to get his attention.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it's dangerous to just assume that an officer won't do something. If you make illegal modifications to your vehicle you should be ready to assume the responsibility and consequences. Maybe they have something against modified vehicles or maybe you did something to **** them off. If they do notice they can ticket you and if you're up close it's easy to tell if they're real if they know what beadlocks are.

That being said, I've never heard of anyone getting ticketed for running beadlocks and I see no reason why they wouldn't be safe as long as they are properly maintained.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Raceredi2

Reaction score
If you do install the real beadlock rings make sure you check the torque every few hundred miles or so. Since they are illegal and require maintenance, you should only get them if you plan on using them by running lower tire pressure off road or do lots of running where you might blow a bead.

If running the real rings offer no advantage to you then I don't see any reason why you would/should do it.

They are really maintenance free if torqued correctly. I ran them on my 2014 for 56k miles and checked the torque once after about 500 miles, and then at 10k miles and not one bolt was off. Then I checked them when I put new rubber on around 45k and still not one bolt was off.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are really maintenance free if torqued correctly. I ran them on my 2014 for 56k miles and checked the torque once after about 500 miles, and then at 10k miles and not one bolt was off. Then I checked them when I put new rubber on around 45k and still not one bolt was off.

That's a lot of miles running BL!
Did you balance your tires when mounted as BL?

Corry

Reaction score
Hello Looking to sell my stock rims/tires. Currently have 700 miles on them. Excellent condition. Have been coated with Cquartz. $2500 for all four Rims/Tires. Located in Meadville PA.

Call or text if interested. 814-853-5639. I will send you pictures.

Thanks

Raptor 2018 Rim.jpg

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only cop that would know about BL wheels being illegal would be one that owns a Raptor...I work at a "large Southern California" based law enforcement agency and not a single motor officer (you know, the guys that give out tickets all day) knows ANYTHING about this, they weren't even sure where in the V.C (Vehicle Code) to find the correct violation code...

BL or not, I wouldn't give the law enforcement angle a single thought...

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
The only cop that would know about BL wheels being illegal would be one that owns a Raptor...I work at a "large Southern California" based law enforcement agency and not a single motor officer (you know, the guys that give out tickets all day) knows ANYTHING about this, they weren't even sure where in the V.C (Vehicle Code) to find the correct violation code...

BL or not, I wouldn't give the law enforcement angle a single thought...
Likely would never be any kind of a legal issue unless involved in an accident. Possibly a law enforcement issue then but more likely is an issue with your insurance company.