Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Sly

Reaction score
They're not cheap... depending on size and how you have them finished they're $4-6k...

There's also the 1 piece forged without bead and I think they're a bit less...
Rotiform_SIX_Tacoma_4.jpg

I've been trying to find some good looking wheels that not everyone has but there's not much out there other than the usual culprits (fuel, Black rhino, method etc...) that are priced decently. Nothing wrong with thone brands either, they've got a lot of good looking wheels and great pricing but you see them all over.

Black on black always looks good. Graphite color wheel also would look good on black.

Black rhino just released these and they're starting to grow on me...

ims-black-rhino-york-6-lug-matte-gunmetal-std-1000.jpg

Again, personally just looking for some wheels that'll set it apart and you won't see 5x a day on every other truck driving around.

I've yet to see these black rhino's on a raptor...

ls-rims-black-rhino-mint-6-lug-matte-black-std-org.jpg

Curious also to see what these would look like on the raptor....

131-304-1-og.jpg

141-345-1-og.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

What dimension wheels are you planning and what tires/sizing?

20x10. 35x12.5

OP
OP
S

Sly

Reaction score
OK, I'll bite. Ruby, what are your reasons for not offroading with 20's? I am thinking bout putting um on my Raptor, had um on a F250 that did a lot of mudding.
P.S. Sly didn't mean to hijack your thread, just a good place to ask

Lol, go for it... just throw some thoughts on wheels in as well ;).

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I'll bite. Ruby, what are your reasons for not offroading with 20's? I am thinking bout putting um on my Raptor, had um on a F250 that did a lot of mudding.

It's all about the amount of rubber that is left after wrapping them around a taller wheel. There's only so much left on a larger wheel that will still fit within the fenders. Street use is ok with a larger wheel, but off road it is more desirable to have more rubber with air in it. Softens the ride and provides more articulation of the tire itself. Imagine airing down a 20" tire. That would decrease that even more.

My wife's SUV has 20's on it and it is not my favorite. With 37" tires on my 17" wheels on the Raptor, all those little cracks and crannies are soaked up. Not so with those 20" wheels.

Hope that helps. Like I said, no hate for the 20's on the street at all. Off road, not such a good combination......

D

Deleted member 12951

More rubber the better. More sidewall the better. Another reason why when going to 37's, keep 17" wheels for even more. More rubber, softer ride when off-road. More rubber absorbs the impacts, a metal wheel not so much. Mudding is soft, desert and hard dry trails not so much. You air down to make the ride even softer and grip. More rubber and sidewalls is always better.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of ya'll. Makes sense to me, I have only been in mud, not much hard surface trail ridding. No haters now, LOL, my Raptor is a street queen. I use my side by side and Jeep for offroading. I have seen many Raptors with 20's and like the look, that's why I am considering um. As for which one's, I like the Fuel Assault with Toyo MT's. This is for a Gen 1, don't know if they will fit a Gen 2.

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks to both of ya'll. Makes sense to me, I have only been in mud, not much hard surface trail ridding. No haters now, LOL, my Raptor is a street queen. I use my side by side and Jeep for offroading. I have seen many Raptors with 20's and like the look, that's why I am considering um. As for which one's, I like the Fuel Assault with Toyo MT's. This is for a Gen 1, don't know if they will fit a Gen 2.

Get two sets of tires/wheels. 20's when you want to feel like a queen and swap out for the 17's when you want to be king.

OP
OP
S

Sly

Reaction score
Get two sets of tires/wheels. 20's when you want to feel like a queen and swap out for the 17's when you want to be king.

Let's talk actual wheels now ;)... what wheels are you looking at and/or think would look good on the Gen 2?

Last edited: