Aftermarket headlights flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xturbohemi

Reaction score
IMG_1069.jpeg
I have had these headlights in for close to a month. I noticed yesterday that both of the led white pencil light that wraps the outside started flickering on both lights in 2 different places when the truck is running. When it’s not running…..they don’t flicker. Has anyone ran into this problem or do you think they are just faulty?? Thx in advance for reading!

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running like that for more than one year without knowing one side flicks lol.... until one day I parked in front of a big glass window.

Forscan, turn factory DRL off, that fixed mine.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what lights those are but if they are cheap no name lights i would expect problems. I bought some HID retrofits for 200 bucks thinking i was getting a deal and had nothing but problems. lights would randomally not turn on, water inside, flickering, etc.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I had flickering in mine when I got the truck. Finally grounded the ballast(?) to the frame and the issue stopped.

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a retrofit of the OEM HIDs and mine started to flicker shortly before they cut out completely. I think it was the Morimoto electronics that were the culprit.

OP
OP
xturbohemi

xturbohemi

Reaction score
I did a retrofit of the OEM HIDs and mine started to flicker shortly before they cut out completely. I think it was the Morimoto electronics that were the culprit.
Dude…. That sucks scissors!! Especially what Moromoto headlights cost!!!

OP
OP
xturbohemi

xturbohemi

Reaction score
I had flickering in mine when I got the truck. Finally grounded the ballast(?) to the frame and the issue stopped.
Can you explain a little better what you grounded?…..or how you grounded it and what it is? Is it the little box with wires that’s attached to the bottom of the headlight?? I’ll try to attach a pic? I am out some diagnostics coinage from my friendly neighborhood mechanics shop!
IMG_1164.jpeg

OP
OP
xturbohemi

xturbohemi

Reaction score
I was running like that for more than one year without knowing one side flicks lol.... until one day I parked in front of a big glass window.

Forscan, turn factory DRL off, that fixed mine.
I just took it in to the shop and they weren’t able to turn it off. Any other suggestions from anyone??? Would be highly appreciated. Oh and while it was in there? The fan actuator started clicking. I supposedly had it fixed a year ago when I bought the truck from John Elway Cadillac used vehicles dept.!!! FML

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
My Morimoto XB's flickered on my GM, it was the DRL that was interfering with the headlight "programming". Removed fuse and it was all good. Food for thought.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Can you explain a little better what you grounded?…..or how you grounded it and what it is? Is it the little box with wires that’s attached to the bottom of the headlight?? I’ll try to attach a pic? I am out some diagnostics coinage from my friendly neighborhood mechanics shop!

View attachment 415801
Yes, it was a small rectangular metal box inline on the wire between the headlight and wherever the other end of the wire goes. When I got the truck, this metal box was not securely attached to anything, it was dangling and bouncing around. Once I secured the box to the metal frame the flickering stopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc