Advice/Help fitting Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a pain is the dash? I'm used to the whole center stack coming about by removing 8 or so screws and maybe some AC crap in the way. If you saying the whole dash has to come apart then F that!

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All done. Not sure why I tried to keep sync integration as I don't think I need it. The Kenwood has bluetooth audio streaming and phone. When I use Sync by connecting iphone through USB or bluetooth audio I get some interference sound. Maybe the installer did something wrong. Otherwise I'm happy with the install and the system. Looking forward to trying the Garmin maps on the Kenwood in the desert.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All done. Not sure why I tried to keep sync integration as I don't think I need it. The Kenwood has bluetooth audio streaming and phone. When I use Sync by connecting iphone through USB or bluetooth audio I get some interference sound. Maybe the installer did something wrong. Otherwise I'm happy with the install and the system. Looking forward to trying the Garmin maps on the Kenwood in the desert.

I just noticed that your local! Are you GCC spec or US Spec?
I'd double check the wiring on the sync gizmo. Make sure that they actually read the directions too. I would think that it requires some type of programming as well.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that your local! Are you GCC spec or US Spec?
I'd double check the wiring on the sync gizmo. Make sure that they actually read the directions too. I would think that it requires some type of programming as well.

Yes I'm in Abu Dhabi. Mine is a 2010 6.2L GCC spec. Bought it from local dealer as soon as the 6.2's came out. We did the sync programming and everything is working fine except for some interference when I use the Bluetooth audio through sync. Not a problem because I use the Bluetooth audio through the kenwood now.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know the 2010s came in GCC spec. I may need to look under your hood one day and see whats different. I have a US Spec.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any difference. The window sticker says metric speedo and I think the only other difference is the speed warning when you hit 120km/h

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is any difference. The window sticker says metric speedo and I think the only other difference is the speed warning when you hit 120km/h

I hate that beep! I have been told that the Gulf spec trucks have a one piece rear window. Thats all I've heard is different.