Advice/Help fitting Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm about to attempt to install an aftermarket navigation system to my 2010 Raptor and wanted to check with the experts here on a few things. My Raptor came with the Luxury Package so it has the Sony 6-disc CD changer.

I'm hoping to get input on two things:
  1. Should I do the install myself or have a pro do it
  2. If do it myself, do I have everything necessary?

I have decided to go with the Kenwood DNX7310BT since the Pioneer doesn't have local maps and I wasn't too interested in the Alpine. The Kenwood uses Garmin maps so would also be great for off-roading. I know this model from Kenwood isn't sold in the US but I believe its closest equivalent is the DNX7190HD.

I ordered from Crutchfield the following items:
  • Ford F-150 Kit 09-Up Ford F-150 DD (the dash bezel for double DIN)
  • PAC MS-FRD1 Ford Sync Radio Replacement interface (to retain Sync)
  • PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface (to keep steering controls)
  • Chrysler Antenna Adapter Motorola M to OEM antenna F (not sure what this is for or if I will need it?)

So first question is how difficult is it to install this system? I am fairly good mechanically but not very good with electrics. I usually avoid having to do anything that requires soldering or using a crimp tool! Do I need to do any soldering or crimping?

Also I'd like to know if I have everything necessary to do the install? Am I missing anything? I'd hate to have to start the job and then have to order something from the US which would usually take a week.

Appreciate any advice and help!

Thanks

JHlebica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Pac MS-FRD is used to wire the radio. You don't need an addition wiring harness. You wire they radio directly to that unit

That's not good! Thanks for pointing it out. Isn't that the PAC MS-FRD?

Could you point me to a link preferably on crutchfield?

Also any thoughts on ease of install?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to a pro, if you have any doubts at all !! Jeesh, don't be so cheap with an expensive truck! Should only cost 60 bucks to have somebody install it, max $100.00, Good luck bro!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it to a pro, if you have any doubts at all !! Jeesh, don't be so cheap with an expensive truck! Should only cost 60 bucks to have somebody install it, max $100.00, Good luck bro!
$85 at my shop.

but you have to remember, most of us are do-it-yourselfers, so we like to tinker. if you had all the resources wouldnt you want to try it? and save yourself some money. think of it as expanding your mod money when you do your own work.

OP
OP
AUH1

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$85 at my shop.

but you have to remember, most of us are do-it-yourselfers, so we like to tinker. if you had all the resources wouldnt you want to try it? and save yourself some money. think of it as expanding your mod money when you do your own work.

I fully agree. That is why I wanted to do it myself but decided not to experiment when I wasn't comfortable doing it. It is being installed at a local shop and will be done today.