A positive dealership story/update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruin1md

Reaction score
An update on the build/price increase:

Yes, I had a stock order and not a retail order, which is why my price went up despite having a VIN, which I think by now, everyone here understands. The dealership's mistake was not explaining that there is a difference between a stock order and retail order when I first placed the order Jan 8th, and what that could mean if a price increase occurred.
In their defense, they had no earthly idea Ford would go nuts and raise the price again on the Raptor by a crazy $3300 in February following their usual end of the year more modest price increase.
Second, even if they had told me this was a stock order and what that meant, there was no guarantee I would have been able to get a retail order any time this year, given the ongoing production issues. I know several of you with retail orders who are price protected have outstanding orders that go all the way back to last summer, and I didn't want to be in that same boat.

My sales guy talked to the GM and they agreed to split the difference with me on the $3300 price increase, which I think in this market is pretty fair.

In addition, my delayed build (pushed out to the week of April 18th), has now been moved back up to March 30th. Let's see if that sticks.

Finally, I decided to change the color from OW to CO..............No, I haven't been to see CO in person, but I'm gonna roll the dice. YOLO.

One last thing: I used the email addresses provided by another forum member to email Ford corporate about all the above, and I never received a single response.

DrJayC

Reaction score
Did you sign an order/buyer sheet? Supposedly that should price protect you? Or is there a loophole with stock orders?

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you sign an order/buyer sheet? Supposedly that should price protect you? Or is there a loophole with stock orders?
Stock orders do not have price protection regardless if you even signed the buyers/order sheet.