4 Post lifts & Raptors... c'mon in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get a chance might either of you drive your truck on and post a pic of tire overhang? Thanks!

Same here for me, I have the BendPak HD-9 with the roll jacks and love it.

Can't recommend another option but I love my Bendpak 9XW. Don't have my Raptor yet, but checked all the specs prior to ordering it.

Biggest thing for me was being able to park the wife's Suburban under the lift. I have the runway decking and use it for storage too.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found the Backyard Buddy 9k, which features a wider runner width, @ ~89". They look to only sell direct, so pricing wont be in my favor, but at least an option...

Anyone seen or heard of others using the GregSmith/Atlas roller jacks on other brand lifts? Bendpak, BYB, etc?

Are you doing a lift with wheels so it's portable?

Most hobby ones look to offer the caster kit for easier moving (many incl in pkg price too). It would be a plus, but not a deal breaker if its not offered or extra $

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pricing on the BYB cleared them off my search, but FYI to ppl interested since I was unable to find any info on pricing before calling

BYB 9k - $5995
BYB 9K Ext Height - $6895
Sliding Jack - $1895 (car)
Sliding Jack - $1995 (truck)

The Atlas 9000 Combo with (2) Jacks for $4100 looks to be the best deal. If no other lifts comes to light, may just have a friend gusset and weld an extra beefy lip to outer edge(s) or runner(s). Not ideal, but something im considering right now.

The extra 3-4" of width the the bendpak provides still wouldn't be enough, and it being another $1500 for it with 2 jacks sets it back as well.

sjsan12

Reaction score
Are you sure your track width is 86"? That's the overall width with the mirrors folded. The track width (according to the online specs) is 74".

And even if track width was 86, the Bendpak would be big enough. With 83" runner width, if you were dead center, you'd only have 1.5" overhang on each side. Considering the tire is 12-13" wide, a couple of inches overhang isn't a big deal.

It is expensive with the rolling jacks. And air is required. If those are deal breakers, I get it. But the runner width would be a non issue for me with the Bendpak.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure your track width is 86"? That's the overall width with the mirrors folded. The track width (according to the online specs) is 74".

And even if track width was 86, the Bendpak would be big enough. With 83" runner width, if you were dead center, you'd only have 1.5" overhang on each side. Considering the tire is 12-13" wide, a couple of inches overhang isn't a big deal.

It is expensive with the rolling jacks. And air is required. If those are deal breakers, I get it. But the runner width would be a non issue for me with the Bendpak.

My '12 with Methods/toyos sat beyond the fenders slightly, so easily 87"+. I was slightly above mid perch, so with alignment / more camber that could also be adding addition width on lower side of the tire. I sold my truck in preparation of my 17, but did put a tape under a friends 13 last week, it was over 90"+ with methods and 3.0s set to around mid perch-ish height.

My 17 is due this week (knock on wood), so can get some OE measurements before and after I swap in Zero offset. With mirrors folded my Gen1 width was basically the fender width. Seems extreme to gain 18" from the stated specs of 74" which is why I think those numbers might be the std f150

I was still considering the bendpak 9XW, but that poster on GarageJournal did further deter me after seeing his tundra maxxing out the drive through width.

Last edited:

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a chance might either of you drive your truck on and post a pic of tire overhang? Thanks!

Sorry, not till the spring. My 68 Mustang is on it for the winter..

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Anyone seen or heard of others using the GregSmith/Atlas roller jacks on other brand lifts? Bendpak, BYB, etc?

Most hobby ones look to offer the caster kit for easier moving (many incl in pkg price too). It would be a plus, but not a deal breaker if its not offered or extra $

One big reason I went with the Bendpak is that I did not have to bolt it to the floor and it does have a caster kit so I can move it around if I need to or take it with me if I move and not leave behind holes in my garage floor.

I got the rolling jacks for my Bendpak however they do not have adjustable width and will not work when I move my lift to the wider track setting.

My lift is 10 years old so they might have a new design for the rolling jacks.

sjsan12

Reaction score
Sorry, not till the spring. My 68 Mustang is on it for the winter..

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

One big reason I went with the Bendpak is that I did not have to bolt it to the floor and it does have a caster kit so I can move it around if I need to or take it with me if I move and not leave behind holes in my garage floor.

I got the rolling jacks for my Bendpak however they do not have adjustable width and will not work when I move my lift to the wider track setting.

My lift is 10 years old so they might have a new design for the rolling jacks.

They do have a new design apparently. I was able to adjust mine to the width I needed. I went with the wide setting on my lift (HD9XW).

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They say 74" track width for the raptor but that is probably center of tire.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you come up with on this? I was looking at a Bendpak before because I like the idea of casters to move it.