35 vs 37 MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those 37s are going to suck more gas than that...lol
You think? I know they are two inches bigger, but they are only 1.1 lbs heavier than the 35s. I was even thinking you could get better than published 35 MPG on a 37 if you took off the stock beadlocks and put some of the lighter weight aftermarket rims on. That could save you about 12 lbs per wheel.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You might do a little better with lighter wheels, I am lucky to see 18 on the highway (hand calculated) not that phoney baloney make you feel good computer calculation on the dash) when I am taking it easy on my long runs to OBX down mostly 55 mph county and state highways. Aroung town is 14-15 for me now on 35's and I live in a somewhat rural area, the only stop lights are on teh state highway that cuts through the town..... Start stop city driving on 37's? Well I think 15 is pretty hopeful for the average driver.

Spool up those turbos and away she goes and away the fuel goes.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might do a little better with lighter wheels, I am lucky to see 18 on the highway (hand calculated) not that phoney baloney make you feel good computer calculation on the dash) when I am taking it easy on my long runs to OBX down mostly 55 mph county and state highways. Aroung town is 14-15 for me now on 35's and I live in a somewhat rural area, the only stop lights are on teh state highway that cuts through the town..... Start stop city driving on 37's? Well I think 15 is pretty hopeful for the average driver.

Spool up those turbos and away she goes and away the fuel goes.

This is 2021.. not 2001.. CPU est. mileage isn't the phoney bologna it once was.

Ta2punk

Reaction score
I'm waiting for some real world results within the next 6-8 months. I won't be placing an order til next year but on the fence if I want 37's or not. I know the 35's are plenty capable and more than enough ground clearance I just really like the look of the 37's but I wish they had different gearing than the 35's as well. Also I might just go with the 35's if they still force the blue interior with the 37's next year.