2019+ Fox 3.0 Live Valve Shocks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got a set of live valve 3.0 coilovers, and there is no preload on the shock collars. Given the 0-2" lift, I presume no preload means 0" lift is factory setting. I have read that the 2017-2018 coil overs come set from factory with a 2" lift, but to me that doesn't make sense for these 3.0 live valves given the zero preload they've come with. Can anyone chime in with confirmation of this? Also, I am looking to lift the front end about 1.5". I would prefer to be able to get the truck in the ballpark of lift prior to installing the coilovers, so would appreciate if anyone could tell me how many turns I need to make on the preload collars. Thanks!!

Cornwallis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just got a set of live valve 3.0 coilovers, and there is no preload on the shock collars. Given the 0-2" lift, I presume no preload means 0" lift is factory setting. I have read that the 2017-2018 coil overs come set from factory with a 2" lift, but to me that doesn't make sense for these 3.0 live valves given the zero preload they've come with. Can anyone chime in with confirmation of this? Also, I am looking to lift the front end about 1.5". I would prefer to be able to get the truck in the ballpark of lift prior to installing the coilovers, so would appreciate if anyone could tell me how many turns I need to make on the preload collars. Thanks!!
Out of the box the 3.0’s lifted my front by over an inch. I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here, but does that help?
I bought the spanner and didn’t even use it. The height was good and over an inch higher than stock.