2018 Lead Foot Grey / Race Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7raptor

Reaction score
Just seen new stock photos for both Lead Foot Grey and Race Red. Looking for thoughts on the two new colors by FRF members. I will be ordering mine on June 15th through a military program and stuck on what color to choose. Was going Magnetic Metallic but now on the fence with new colors.

Which military program?

OP
OP
G

Gerard66

Reaction score
Military Auto sales offers active duty serving overseas or deployed the opportunity to buy vehicles at discounted prices with the option to special order the vehicle just the way you want. Unfortunately, they are very limited to the number of build slots for Raptors and offer them through a lottery due to demand. If you get lucky, you ge
t a truck and a good price.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a call from my sales person at 8am this morning letting me know my order for a 2018 AG was rejected and the system defaulted it to Lead Foot. :mad:

Minimization

Reaction score
Why would they discontinue Avalanche Grey? I thought it was their best color to date. I really liked Terrain as well. Does Ford do custom OEM paints?

I would have to see Lead Foot in person first.

These matte, lighter colors look great on trucks and are real practical for off road use since they hide a lot of dust and hairline scratches from contact with brush.

If you ever look at any of the hard-core MAN and M-B expedition vehicles, they are usually painted matte white, light grey, sand, or olive.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Why would they discontinue Avalanche Grey? I thought it was their best color to date. I really liked Terrain as well. Does Ford do custom OEM paints?

I would have to see Lead Foot in person first.

These matte, lighter colors look great on trucks and are real practical for off road use since they hide a lot of dust and hairline scratches from contact with brush.

If you ever look at any of the hard-core MAN and M-B expedition vehicles, they are usually painted matte white, light grey, sand, or olive.
Ford does not offer any matte finishes. All are gloss.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a call from my sales person at 8am this morning letting me know my order for a 2018 AG was rejected and the system defaulted it to Lead Foot. :mad:

Why would you (or even the dealer) try to order something that is not available on the '18? Plus that sounds like BS from your dealer. I would go to a different one.