2017 Ford Raptor is not happy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Ford Raptor has been a blessing and a curse
I usually post up flamboyant threads batching about Ford products. Today just the facts and I'll let everyone else declare reality.
I bought my Raptor used about 4 years ago. The transfer failed at 25k. The dealer had it for 6 months. The steering rack failed out of warranty. Then the hub actuators and the output shaft seal on the trans. Problems with this truck get multiplied very rapidly as now I hav3 50k. My turbos both engine and all the timing actuation is all bad. Ford can't help because I disassembled it ? Thoughts?

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is tough man damn :(

I learned so much about wasting money on vehicles... When I had my V10 R8 I spent 10k on maintenance shit to get it back to spec. I had an extended warranty on the RAP until 125k Its not 147k and no issues thus far. I am grateful that the vehicle is a business truck though but still...

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
You bought a used truck then "disassembled" some things and want it warranted? The avatar looks like it's moded pretty good.

Other than the hub actuators, I haven't really heard of your other issues on this board.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’ve stated publicly on here that you abuse your truck. It’s also heavily modded suspension wise, and apparently tuned since you’re running with TRXs. This is not about the reliability or durability of the truck, it’s about what you need to repair after modding everything on the truck and running it in Baja conditions.

So that being said, how was it determined that there was a “timing actuation” issue and both turbos were “bad”?