2014's are finally dropping from the high 50's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every since I sold my 2014 I have wanted back into a Raptor. Prices are still hanging high in my opinion but I think it depends on what you are looking for package and mileage wise.

Been looking at a 2012 SCREW with less than 10k miles for $50k. High price ,maybe, its almost as much as I paid for my 2014 at invoice.

But its the color i want, has low miles and an extended warranty for 2.5 more years. My biggest problem mentally is going backwards from a 14 to a 12 and not really knowing where the price will fall on the 17s. I like the look of the Gen1 and may just pull the trigger on what i want regardless.

Hey FullAuto, didn't we buy about the same timeframe and now I see you sold your blue one too. Now I am wanting a blue one?

Yeah, I miss it and am thinking about a Gen 2 down the road. I decided not to get one right away and see how the response is a few years into the Gen 2. I just bought a AEV JK350 Unlimited Rubicon to play with.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I miss it and am thinking about a Gen 2 down the road. I decided not to get one right away and see how the response is a few years into the Gen 2. I just bought a AEV JK350 Unlimited Rubicon to play with.

I am hoping to hold off until the 2018s are released but I sure got the itch bad. I missed my '14 immediately after selling it. I found a 2012 Raptor in Blue with less than 10k miles on it but they wanted more than i paid for my '14 for it. Good luck with the Rubicon.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping to hold off until the 2018s are released but I sure got the itch bad. I missed my '14 immediately after selling it. I found a 2012 Raptor in Blue with less than 10k miles on it but they wanted more than i paid for my '14 for it. Good luck with the Rubicon.

Yeah, I sold my 14 for a lot more than I paid for it and it had over 25k miles. I did have about 10k retail in parts on it but I got most of my mods for cost or less so I wasn't that deep into it. I bought a car and just couldn't live with it after 6 months. I was just poking around Jeep adds and a AEV Dealer gave me a killer deal on a leftover. I also got very close to what I paid for my trade in so I didn't take a huge loss there. I'm building the jeep for overlanding and I'm going to plan a few trips out west in the next year. I can't believe how much nicer the current gen is over my TJ's. They have come a long way in making it more comfortable as a DD without losing it's capabilities.
This is a shot from when I picked it up.
guybSz.jpg

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swear to God, if there is another thread about people being happy about our Gen 1's losing money.......

:party36::biggun:

I agree!! The funny thing is most of the time it is folks who have sold the Gen 1 and now want back in a Gen 1. You would think folks would read these threads and STAY in their Gen 1. But alas, they can throw up how great the Gen 2 should, might, they say is, we hope, will be.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just threw my2014 raptor out there to see what happens for 57000 with 10000 miles on it could have sold it in one day only paid 52000 for it u go to love that. Think i will keep it though.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Around here 2011s are still going for $50,000 (actually $49,995) with 60k miles or more on them. I guess it just depends on what part of the country a person live in.