2014 SE opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rage27

Reaction score
I'm about to place my order and I'm trying to decide if I should get the tuxedo black SE or standard. My invoice was 57k with the SE and other options. The graphics are pretty much A waste on the black in my opinion. The interior is pretty cool with the brick red accents. And I'm not sure about how the new bead locks will look on the black truck. My first impression(without obviously seeing them yet on the black truck)is that they will look pretty "plain" and won't really stand out on the black truck. SE vs Standard... Any thoughts? Pros/ cons?

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wish Ford would have published some Tuxedo Black SE photos along with the Ruby Red SE photos.

Personally, I am not a fan of the standard box-side graphics on most exterior colors. But then I saw them on a Tuxedo Black truck in person and sort of liked how it wasn't "in your face" bold and you almost had to do a double take to notice them. IMO the SE graphics fit my taste even more since they are tamed down a bit. Too bad you can't get the red interior accents without the graphics. Guess you could always remove the graphics, but so much of the option cost is for the stickers.

I think the SE beadlock rings will fit in well if you go with the blackout look (cover up chrome/skidplate/etc).

BTW - I have a Tux Black SE order in with the dealer waiting for Ford to accept. I am still trying to decide if I want to switch to Ruby Red though.

OP
OP
R

rage27

Reaction score
Awesome! Yeah I'm leaning towards the SE. And into wish there were some pics of the tuxedo SE. I have a feeling you won't see those till the first one is delivered.

fenderstratplayer19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl and I may order a SE. I think the black would look great with the wheels. The grey ring will match the bumper and fender flares. I am leaning to a ruby red though, still waiting on costs. I would rather get a idea first before going and talking to the dealer.

The Outrage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My girl and I may order a SE. I think the black would look great with the wheels. The grey ring will match the bumper and fender flares. I am leaning to a ruby red though, still waiting on costs. I would rather get a idea first before going and talking to the dealer.

The pricing is already available through Ford's ordering system.

2008fx4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im ready to order one - but wish that they offered the red with the white and/or silver. suck.

might try and find a 13 terrain or just order the 14.