2012 Lil Sahara Raptor Dune Run - Pics, Videos, and Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skjr001

Reaction score
whtrapta, I told them all they had to do was ask! New years is on a Tuesday, could mean a long weekend trip. We need a strong showing.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You guys don't think it will be miserably cold? And the sand really hard?

We slept in tents last March I think and it was really miserable! The drizel was freezing to us and our goggles and every couple mins we would have to stop and clean them. That also sucked because the sand was everywhere sticking to everything with the dampness. The night in the tent was one of the coldest nights we've had ever slept in a tent and the sand was pulling the heat right out of you.

But next day when the sun came out it was actually not bad. It was cold but the sand was still good and with no one out there to mess it up you could fly!

Really is a day to day basis.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We slept in tents last March I think and it was really miserable! The drizel was freezing to us and our goggles and every couple mins we would have to stop and clean them. That also sucked because the sand was everywhere sticking to everything with the dampness. The night in the tent was one of the coldest nights we've had ever slept in a tent and the sand was pulling the heat right out of you.

But next day when the sun came out it was actually not bad. It was cold but the sand was still good and with no one out there to mess it up you could fly!

You could bring a camper trailer. Or you could always just sleep in the truck cab like I did - and run the heater... Toasty! I found out the reclined front seat sleeps way more comfortably than the rear haha.

Last edited: