2011 Toyota Tacoma Gets Two New Limited-Edition Option Packages

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
6a00d83451b3c669e2013485d6dc75970c-800wi.jpgToyota is adding two new limited-edition trim packages for the 2011 Toyota Tacoma that are based on the Tacoma TX project vehicle shown at last year's SEMA Show.

More...

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typical Toyota fluff - they add all kinds of cosmetic stuff but nothing of substance and then they decal it and charge some thousands for it.

The only thing I see that I like is this: a 400-watt/115-volt power point in the bed

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You get a cat-back exhaust + wheels with one of the packages, that should amount for something right? The rest is fluff though, you're right about that.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone can buy a cat-back exhaust and wheels almost anywhere. When Toyota starts putting out packages that aren't fluff then I'll get interested.

I do like TRD's products for some vehicles - superchargers that, when installed by a Toyota dealership, get warranty coverage, suspension components, etc.

ipoodman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Toyota produced this Tacoma, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

SEMA 2008: TRD Tacoma Off Road Truck

here is a picture for all the lazy people who don't want to read the article:

trdtaco1560.jpg

This Taco could easily keep up with our Raptors. :thumbsup:

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone can buy a cat-back exhaust and wheels almost anywhere. When Toyota starts putting out packages that aren't fluff then I'll get interested.

I do like TRD's products for some vehicles - superchargers that, when installed by a Toyota dealership, get warranty coverage, suspension components, etc.

Dont forget, we have Roush chargers that, when installed by Ford dealers, also get a warranty

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good points! I was only giving some props to 'Yota since they're typically selling chrome pieces and decals (fluff). TRD does offer some quality goodies for Yota owners.

Speaking of Roush, you all heard about Jack's airplane crash? He made a hard landing in his business jet and split the aircraft in two up in Oshkosh, WI. Looks like he'll be OK but he may want to let others fly - it's his 2nd accident in 8 years!

http://www.freep.com/article/20100730/SPORTS16/7300311/1322/Crash-wont-keep-Roush-grounded

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TRD does suprise me with thier superchargers. Its Toyotas only redeeming feature. But they have NOTHING on Jack Roush chargers. I hope Jack recovers quickly and sticks to Mustangs that are on the ground