2010 SVT Raptor 5.4 Fully Loaded - 41k obo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, I think that's great advice. Actually, that's one of the only things I'm worried about. I'm 6'2", 290, so I'm not exactly a small boy, but I was very comfortable in my 350Z. I was comfortable when I sat in a 997TT. Still have yet to sit in the GT3RS, though. I wonder if the cage tightens things up at all?

Good advice man, thanks.

The cage is going to restrict seat movement, how much I don't know. I test drove a 370Z and I was very surprised how much there was and how comfortable I was.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010-porsche-gt3-rs-interior.jpg

2010-porsche-gt3-rs-585.jpg

911_GT3_RS_2_3_1024_768.jpg

spec.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rob, one suggestion: Consider buying a GT3 instead of the GT3 RS. They're very similar cars and you could probably pick up a used GT3 for a lot less $ and keep your bike and your Raptor!

IMG_0611-1.jpg

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would anyone need Nav on a track car? That to me is just plain stupid.

Tank, Tank, Tank, not everyone tracks their $150,000+ Porsches! And very very few use them as "track cars" - GT3 RS owners take them to the track but they actually enjoy driving them on the streets.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, Tank, Tank, not everyone tracks their $150,000+ Porsches! And very very few use them as "track cars" - GT3 RS owners take them to the track but they actually enjoy driving them on the streets.

So whats your point Nav is still dumb and over priced. You can enjoy a car on the streets without a Nav system.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tank, they are quite similar in most aspects. The RS is more track oriented and has some visual cues and there are some other differences but the average buyer/owner/driver would not know the difference when driving them even on the track. The visual differences are most readily noticeable. If you could drive them back-to-back without seeing the visual cues you'd be very hard pressed to notice the differences.

GT3 vs GT3 RS

Engine
Engine layout/Drive Rear engine Rear Engine
Layout / number of cylinders 6 6
Displacement 3.8 liters 3.8 l
Horsepower 435 hp 450 hp
at rpm 7,600 rpm 7,900 rpm
Max. torque (lb.-ft.) at rpm 317 lb.-ft. 317 lb.-ft.
Compression ratio 12.0 :1 12.2 : 1

Power
Top Track Speed 194 mph 193 mph
Acceleration from 0 - 60 mph 4.0 s 3.8 secs

Price
$ 115,700.00 $ 135,500.00

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3rs/detail/?gtabindex=2

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So whats your point Nav is still dumb and over priced. You can enjoy a car on the streets without a Nav system.

Having GPS/Nav in a vehicle has become a no-brainer. You're driving from point A to point B - would you rather use GPS/Nav or a map? What about the other things Nav systems offer (like Sync)? And consider the fact that carmakers now bundle options in packages so Nav will often come with other necessities or nice-to-haves.

Sure you can stick a cheapie Nav on the windshield but think how that would look on a $150,000 Porsche!

I guess you didn't get Nav in your Raptor. And since it's "dumb" you must not be using a cheapie Nav on your windshield either.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having GPS/Nav in a vehicle has become a no-brainer. You're driving from point A to point B - would you rather use GPS/Nav or a map? What about the other things Nav systems offer (like Sync)? And consider the fact that carmakers now bundle options in packages so Nav will often come with other necessities or nice-to-haves.

Sure you can stick a cheapie Nav on the windshield but think how that would look on a $150,000 Porsche!

I guess you didn't get Nav in your Raptor. And since it's "dumb" you must not be using a cheapie Nav on your windshield either.

I have 2 GPS one is my phone and my other is an old school GPS that gives way points. My phone pretty much covers everything as far as a GPS goes being that it's a Droid phone and uses Google maps.