2010, 6.2 throwing codes related to vacuum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It started about 7 weeks ago with "check fuel fill line" or something similar to that. Someone on the forum facebook page said to check the canister which found, I checked all the connections and all seemed fine. I cleared the code with my programmer and all was good for about a week. Then I got a code saying I had a small vacuum leak detected. Today I cleared a code that said "unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum". My question is, are these all related to the infamous CANISTER? and if so is there someway to clean it or?? Or do I have to replace this part? I have 55k on the truck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

OP
OP
JimT

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The code is 1450, unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum. where would the vapor management valve be located? is it part of the canister, or located on the engine or?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish I could tell you, I have the extended warranty so I just let the dealer fix it when it said check fuel fill.

I was able to turn off the message by sticking the plastic fuel fill adapter in.
This only work for a short while.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go to Ford Parts and sign in, you can go to the Pro section and get the OBD11 theory and testing .pdf file for our trucks. You might be able to pin point which sensor and control device you need.
Or just email me and I'll send it to you.

Last edited:

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CEL lit up the other night just after fueling (it was maybe 14°F as well) and I hoped the fuel adapter plugging might help but no such luck. Taking it in Saturday .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JimT

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes please report back.

MTF, yes I think I will need that PDF file.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My CEL lit up the other night just after fueling (it was maybe 14°F as well) and I hoped the fuel adapter plugging might help but no such luck. Taking it in Saturday...

Definitely let us know how things go on Saturday, mwakgp. What's the current mileage on your truck?

The code is 1450, unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum. where would the vapor management valve be located? is it part of the canister, or located on the engine or?

It sounds like you're going to take a shot at this yourself, JimT, but keep in mind that you can always get your dealership involved. Let us know how the repair goes!

Crystal