2010 5.4 to 6.2 Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably a wrecked 6.2 to be feasible, with all the parts needed and wiring. Guessing complete engine and wiring with the right modules.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
I assumed the engine wiring harness and PCM, didn't know if the transmission controller is different. I have a 6.2 instrument cluster in here now and everything works on it so I know that wont be a problem, I have seen some threads on older F150 that looks to be a difficult swap but I figured since both engines where available in 2010 that it shouldn't be to difficult but I'm not finding any information on the swap.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 5.4L has three valves and 8 spark plugs.
The 6.2L has two valves and 16 spark plugs.

Don't know if the 2010 5.4L has the Tow/Haul button on the shifter but it does on the 2010 1/2 6.2L
The 2010 1/2 6.2L does have some modules and calibration software stuff in the PCM from the 2010 5.4L
What exactly these are, I have no clue.
That's all the Ford calibrating engineers would tell me when they were building my Whipple Tune, sorry.
2011-2014 are different all together again.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Raptorlander

Reaction score
I assumed the engine wiring harness and PCM, didn't know if the transmission controller is different. I have a 6.2 instrument cluster in here now and everything works on it so I know that wont be a problem, I have seen some threads on older F150 that looks to be a difficult swap but I figured since both engines where available in 2010 that it shouldn't be to difficult but I'm not finding any information on the swap.

I've considered this swap too, but even better would be a 7.3 godzilla swap. What year is the 6.2 cluster from?

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know Jarrett from SVC rebuilt his original 5.4 (forged internals, higher compression, etc.) and was making more power and torque than a stock 6.2. A very valid option if the 6.2 is hard to get. You could give them a call and see what all was involved.

Penny

Reaction score
6.2 engines are easy to get. I got mine from the junk yard off of a platinum edition when my valves decided to take a shit and **** my whole engine up. Most junk yards will sell you the engine with the wire harness and relays that come with the engine. You mine as well pick up the ecu from there too.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
6.2 engines are easy to get. I got mine from the junk yard off of a platinum edition when my valves decided to take a shit and **** my whole engine up. Most junk yards will sell you the engine with the wire harness and relays that come with the engine. You mine as well pick up the ecu from there too.