17 Blue Raptor on the ground

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They do look alot better with the machined locking rings

dscn2232.jpg

Looking at that picture it appears to be a staged shot. Parked in the dirt, tires clean, wheel well clean and not a spec of dirt on the truck, the tires or the wheels.

just totally random thought there lol

Last edited:

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway of using the Silver Locking rings without the tires being in a "truly" beadlock format? Reason being, I like the look of the silver rings better, but have heard true beadlocking isn't legal or recommended for street/everyday driving.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway of using the Silver Locking rings without the tires being in a "truly" beadlock format? Reason being, I like the look of the silver rings better, but have heard true beadlocking isn't legal or recommended for street/everyday driving.

While technically possible, I wouldn't recommend it. The bead lock ring is going to leave a gap between it and the inner bead that the tire is seated against. When you run the bead lock ring the tire is captured between these two. If you don't mount it at as a true bead lock, you will have a visible gap. Plus, I'm not sure its entirely safe. You could just have the factory trim ring painted, powder coated or stripped and polished.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It honestly might end up being cheaper to take the beauty rings and get them powder-coated verus buying the actual silver beadlock rings just for looks.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It honestly might end up being cheaper to take the beauty rings and get them powder-coated verus buying the actual silver beadlock rings just for looks.

Weren't the factory beadlock rings from Ford close to $100 each? I thought I remembered that being posted somewhere a few years back.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The functional beadlock rings are $200 each from Ford. Some places have them slightly lower.

SHIT! Even more than I thought. You can definitely get those beauty rings painted or powdercoated for much cheaper than buying the beadlock rings then.