12 volt power point

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is always a need for 12v power where you don't have it. Some trucks are coming from the factory with power points and even converters installed in the bed.

Has anyone addressed the best way to get power to the bed? I found these power points that are pretty cheap and seem to be well made:

http://tinyurl.com/28ep9nv

It even has a light on the bottom.

The Hopkins 12 Volt Power Socket with Utility Light is a great accessory for tailgating, camping, boating, emergency use, or whenever you need 12 Volts of power, whether inside or outside. Plus an added bonus utility light to help you see at night. With its innovative flush mount design, no drilling is required. The Hopkins 12 Volt Power Socket is available with or without a 17 ft. power wire and fuse assembly. When the socket cover is closed, the power socket is completely weatherproof and corrosion resistant.

View attachment 359

Features:

• Short-proof protection from electric brake wire shorts
  • Bonus utility light to help you see at night
  • Features a flush-mount design
  • Comes with weatherproof socket cover
  • Highly durable and reliable sockets
  • Easy installation without drilling

12 Volt Power Socket without 17 ft. power wire and fuse assembly......$12.95
12 Volt Power Socket with 17 ft. power wire and fuse assembly...........$17.95

There is also a "No light" version for about 8 bucks and change.

Falcon

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one with the light and harness and one without. We will see what I can do with them. This should have been day 2 of the build on my truck...

Falcon

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Attaboy Falcon! Way back when (on the other forum) when I started "What Would You Tell Ford?", this was one of my top priorities. But, alas, it's electrical and it's not my strong point. Where to tie in for power and how best to run the wire are two of my questions.

This looks like the best 12v outlet I've seen (and it's waterproof) - thanks for finding and posting it! (Looking forward to you posting the How-To).