-12 offset? doable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Especially if you have 2012 and up with torsen. It is a no go.. You might get 5000 miles out of driverside cv joint before it lets go, if you use 4wd..

Granted it is not hard to change the axles out.. But at $220 per side for factory or $2500 for RCV axles... Choice is yours, it is your truck and -12mm offset looks mean until you start driving and your cv joints sound like a broke down chevy cavalier... Lol

-Greg

OP
OP
M

msmatt329

Reaction score
That rim in the proper bolt pattern only comes in the -12. Yes, it will be jumped cause it is a Raptor but mostly trails and mudding up here in AK. I only get to drive it 4 months a year due to work so it wont get rodded too much. So i can sacrifice a little function for a lot of badass, but not at the expense of tearing up components

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is not the jumping that tears them up. Both Netix and myself love the mud.. Top perch + mud + heavy foot = cv death!

Since you mud then you should know these trucks are 3 ton pigs in the mud. Not like high horsepower light weight jeeps. The Raptor sinks and uses brute force to climb out (with proper tires, stock tires suck). That puts a lot of strain on the cv joint..

You said you were on mid perch, with -12mm you will still rub at full lock and when turning while backing up. Top perch is the only way to run -12mm without rubbing.

-Greg

OP
OP
M

msmatt329

Reaction score
i really liked those rims. research wins out over impulse! thanks all, I think lol. the search continues

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like that rim comes in a +18mm offset in 18 and 20 inch wheels but -12 in the 17inch wheel.

OP
OP
M

msmatt329

Reaction score
thanks "justvettn' 18" would be an option for sure but really wanted to reuse my rubber sense i only have 400 miles on them. Just the rims were going to be a hard sale to my better half after the price tag on the truck. may ill wait until after my first payment.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take your time and do the research, a million and one rims to chose from. It took a long time before I found the right rims for my Raptor.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are plenty of great rims out there in a 17" just gotta find the next set that you like with an offset of 0 or greater. Hope the search turns up well let us know what you go with

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
My setup soon will be -6 offset beadlocks. Im at -1mm right now and had the same problems as greg. It's the ******** top perch syndrome that fks everything up.

banman12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see everyone saying don't go anymore than 0mm offset (no negatives), but they are leaving out the width of the wheel in question. For example, the Method Double Standards have an offset of 0mm, and are 8.5" wide, like the stockers. Now, going to a 9" wide wheel, a 0mm offset would be equivalent to about -6mm in a 8.5" wide. Can anyone chime in on this? I am looking at a 17 or 18x9 wheel with a 0mm offset, but don't want to have issues with suspension components. I will be going mid perch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter