2012 Partial VIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer sent this sheet over a couple of weeks ago and I just realized that it has a partial VIN listed on it. I know this doesn't mean a whole lot, but I thought some of you 2012 orderers who are chomping at the bit like me might find it interesting. Also, it looks like my order was received on 9/1 and not processed until 9/27. Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks guys and may the wait be tolerable...

Attachments

• Raptor Order Sheet.jpg
    Raptor Order Sheet.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 196

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a manufacturers code and body code. i could tell you what most trucks start with, its the check digit and the last 5 numbers that are impossible to guess.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I don't have this. But I can see that the W1R part is just the body denomination.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 95
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
SaintsFan

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I figured that much. Also, the 10th character is a "C" which means it's a 2012. Again, I realize this is certainly no ground-breaking revelation, I just thought some of you might find it mildly interesting.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're reading it as 10 characters? I only see 6 total. Are the blanks just missing characters?

OP
OP
SaintsFan

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you're reading it as 10 characters? I only see 6 total. Are the blanks just missing characters?

Yes, the blanks are missing characters to be determined. The 10th character of any VIN represents the model year. 2011 models are represented with a B and 2012 models will be represented with a C.

Last edited:

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sheets from the dealer look just like yours Humvee, no partial Vin or process date. Saintsfan did you recieve the same sheets we did and that one came later, or was that all you got from your dealer?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My sheets from the dealer look just like yours Humvee, no partial Vin or process date. Saintsfan did you recieve the same sheets we did and that one came later, or was that all you got from your dealer?
Our sheets are the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) sheets. I'm sure SaintsFan has the same sheets but this other one is something... additional.

OP
OP
SaintsFan

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes, I got those same sheets back when I placed the order on 9/1. Then I was given the sheet above around the beginning of this month after I added an option (blue accent) to my original order.