New Borla video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the S-Type and it is way louder than I thought it would be. So glad I didn't go ATAK. I had a 2 hr drive up to the mountains last week and going up the passes at 80 mph/WOT...LOUD. Not sure I am totally in love with it but it's growing on me.

how loud is it when engine is under load going up the mountains on cruise control?

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't towed anything with the exhaust on yet. Crusing at 65 mph its quiet. Over 70 its loud... when you hit 80, it's a constantly loud in the cab. My wife hates it. She had to turn the radio off cause she said "it's all just to much now". I going to go out on a limb and say under load it's going to be loud.

how loud is it when engine is under load going up the mountains on cruise control?

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't towed anything with the exhaust on yet. Crusing at 65 mph its quiet. Over 70 its loud... when you hit 80, it's a constantly loud in the cab. My wife hates it. She had to turn the radio off cause she said "it's all just to much now". I going to go out on a limb and say under load it's going to be loud.

Everyone needs to understand that each perception will be different. Every person has a different sensitivity. I have the ATAK and wouldn't make the comments above nor would my wife. My factory 2014 Roush was much louder at 70mph. When towing there is a bit of drone around 75 and above though.

CWBROWN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cayenne, I couldn't agree more that everyone has a different perception. Not trying to steer anyone away from anything. I personally went S-Type cause the reviews pointed to it being tame. My personal review is that it's more aggressive than I thought it would be. You will definitely know it's there.

Everyone needs to understand that each perception will be different. Every person has a different sensitivity. I have the ATAK and wouldn't make the comments above nor would my wife. My factory 2014 Roush was much louder at 70mph. When towing there is a bit of drone around 75 and above though.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats interesting is I have a buddy that just bought the Borla S type exhaust and now he wants to sell it he hates how loud it is on the highway.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still like the Corsa sound clip better. im waiting for some customer reviews. I have the gibson muffler in right now but its still pretty quiet. I may swap up to the corsa dependent on real world reviewers

My Corsa muffler was just delivered and I am installing it tomorrow. I will try to provide feedback tomorrow with my thoughts and maybe a video. I am actually just installing it to see if I can get rid of the harmonic frequency vibration from the stock exhaust that is causing my gas pedal to vibrate. While a better sound is a plus, that is not my reason for doing the swap. I really hope the change works, or I will go nuts!!!!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is why I haven't pulled the trigger on an exhaust yet....

I'm about 75 percent sure though that I'll be going the route of the Borla FOMOCO exhaust... touring edition. According to Borla it flows equivalent to their s-type or atak and yields 12 horsepower.

QUOTE=CWBROWN;1169702]I haven't towed anything with the exhaust on yet. Crusing at 65 mph its quiet. Over 70 its loud... when you hit 80, it's a constantly loud in the cab. My wife hates it. She had to turn the radio off cause she said "it's all just to much now". I going to go out on a limb and say under load it's going to be loud.[/QUOTE]

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You guys must have some super sensitive ears. A few moons back, I bought a red, ’69 Cougar XR7 off a sailor at Dahlgren. He had managed to shoehorn a 460 / C6 into it, with a 3.90 rear. It was loud as F*ck. I am talking 70mph windows up or down, you could not converse with the person next to you. My wife hated that car. :biggrin:

Yes, it had a full exhaust but, it was not quiet. I would sometimes traverse parking garages for the sole objective of setting off car alarms. Drone? no, all you heard was big block exhaust. And it was a comfortable ride, I dare say maybe a little more road worthy than the Rap.

OTOH, the power steering was wimpy and it had manual brakes. I scoffed at first, I’d had manual brake cars before, but, I’d never drag raced any. I drag raced the cougar exactly twice. Both times, hitting the brakes at the end of the run seemed to make zero difference in my forward progress and it took what felt like forever to stop.

The upside to an obnoxiously loud big block - there’s no sense spending any serious money on stereo upgrades.

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had borla on my srt jeep 16' and it sounded great but droned on the highway. There were days that I didn't notice much and days were my wife or anyone was like wtf is that noise and how can you drive 3-4 hours like that. The trade off was when I cold started it or got on it...literally always put a smile on my face. A friend who I passed on the highway called me and was like your truck sounded pissed off - that was happiness in my mind.

The only reason why it's not bought and installed is because I am concerned about the drone. Simple.

I had a 2015 300s with a corsa (non extreme version) and it never droned, ever! But the same exhaust on Jeeps would...its difficult to really find the right balance