2 Day Labor Day run - SW USA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is short notice, but a friend and I are going to head out for a two day run. Nothing is firmly set and plans may change based upon who is going and their ideas. Thinking of starting from Borrego Springs, thru to Joshua Tree national Forest maybe detour and spend the night in Vegas and return thru to Barstow on Sunday.

Let me know if you are interested.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This time last week there was nothing going on so I made a 4 day trip with the misses to Palm Springs then 2 days at Disneyland.

You mother ******!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We all know what happens when your in palm springs Jack!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

But I wasn't gonna get drunk this time!!!!

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Awwwwwwww who am I kidding. I'd drink hand sanitizer if I had to!!

Sometimes I have to

Hoffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just heard Mojave is totally washed out from a big thunderstorm. Not sure what other areas are affected

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This time last week there was nothing going on so I made a 4 day trip with the misses to Palm Springs then 2 days at Disneyland.

You mother ******!!!!

lmao

Just heard Mojave is totally washed out from a big thunderstorm. Not sure what other areas are affected

That is why we will be going in a group. Coachella valley got hammered, but its desert and will dry quickly, as long as the f'd up roads are not on sides of cliffs we will be fine

OP
OP
E63

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dates have Changed!

Unfortunately My friend Noah can't go this weekend so we are postponing to the following weekend. 9/7 and 9/8 Give the desert a chance to dry out some too from this weeks monsoons.

So the plan is to tour Joshua Tree National Park via 4WD drive only roads and take in several of the points of interest. Will start relatively early, will likely pick a place to meet off the 10 after the going thru the pass.

For Sunday, we will kind of play it by ear depending on how much of the park we covered on Saturday. If we rip thru it all we can do Mojave or cruise back towards San Diego via Salton Sea, Ocotillo and Borrego Springs.

Sorry for the mis-fire, but it is what it is...

Glassman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me this woks out better it's always hard to leave the family and get to play on a holiday weekend. I will keep an eye on the progress on the trip and keep hoping that I will be able to tag along