Your Raptor and It's Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other cam should be seen in the last picture.

I'd say they only did 1/2 of the kit.

BUT thats not to say they didn't achieve the adjustment they needed.

Jeff

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your pictures show they only installed kits on the front. When you get a SPC cam kit, two kits come in one box. To do both front and rear (all four adjustments) you need two boxes/four kits. Looks like they only got you one box. I'll mark them across the out side of the cam and locating bracket. I will see if I can get a picture of mine.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
Before & After Alignment Following Mid-Perch Setting

Guys, I did the perch adjustment last weekend (from low to middle) and drove it to Ford a few days later for an alignment. I told them I wanted to talk to the technician about a few things including using a camber kit. He told me he just finished with the initial measurements and the camber and caster was fine. He only had to adjust for Toe-In. Doesn't that seem odd? Why are my specs so much different than other who had this done? Does tire size matter? I'm actually happy he didn't have to adjust for camber and caster but I'm just curious about it. I'm attaching the report he gave to me following the alignment. Truck rides great. Love the stance of it. The only disappointment is that I discovered significant corrosion to the shock where the steel retaining clip was...obvious bi-metal corrosion situation. Stupid engineers.

Appreciate your comments.

Attachments

• Raptor Mid Perch Alignment.jpg
    Raptor Mid Perch Alignment.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PA, did you find the Ford part #s?

Where is the best place to get the SPC kit?

The Ford alignment kit part# 3B236
here's a link 2010 Ford F-150 - Alignment Cam Bolt Kit | FordParts.com

I think both SDHQ and ADD sell the SPC kit. It looks identical (even saying SPC on it) like the SPC kit. If not any local alignment shop should be able to get you the kit. I got mine at the local Firestone.

Guys, I did the perch adjustment last weekend (from low to middle) and drove it to Ford a few days later for an alignment. I told them I wanted to talk to the technician about a few things including using a camber kit. He told me he just finished with the initial measurements and the camber and caster was fine. He only had to adjust for Toe-In. Doesn't that seem odd? Why are my specs so much different than other who had this done? Does tire size matter? I'm actually happy he didn't have to adjust for camber and caster but I'm just curious about it. I'm attaching the report he gave to me following the alignment. Truck rides great. Love the stance of it. The only disappointment is that I discovered significant corrosion to the shock where the steel retaining clip was...obvious bi-metal corrosion situation. Stupid engineers.

Appreciate your comments.

Looking at your "current" alignment specs, camber is the only one I consider questionable. Is it in "spec"? Yes, but it's a little higher (negative) then I would want on my personal truck, specially the left front. Owners that go to the third setting will have even more negative camber and positive toe initial readings than owners that go to the second. Also every truck is slightly different and the factory alignments are also slightly different truck to truck, so that is why there is some differences between your truck and others.

I would watch your tire wear on the inside. If it looks like its wearing faster then the rest of the tread, get the cam kits and have the camber set closer to 0*, -4* to 0 would be fine.

Tire size does not change readings, as long as the tires are all roughly the same diameter and same PSI (although some manufactures will give different specs for different wheel/tire size options). Neither does tire condition. The machine is clamped to the wheels and only measures the suspension angles.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been, and will continue to be, a great thread. The specific, real-world knowledge that Pirate Air has shared with us will be a big help when I tear into my suspension for round two of upgrades.

I'd like to recap what I perceive as the recommended (not necessarily factory recommendations or allowances) settings as follows:

Caster +4.0* to +4.3*
Camber -0.3* to -0.2*
Toe +1.0* to +1.5*

PA - How does this line up with your suggestions/recommendations?

And, again, thank you for getting this discussion started!

:peace:

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the part number for the SPC kit:
FORD ADJ CAM NUT/BRACKET 86250
SPC Performance - SPC Alignment - Specialty Products Company

That's the one. You would need two boxes or kits to do all four mounting points. Up to this point, 86250 will fit 2010 to 2012, I'm sure 2013 will be the same.

This has been, and will continue to be, a great thread. The specific, real-world knowledge that Pirate Air has shared with us will be a big help when I tear into my suspension for round two of upgrades.

I'd like to recap what I perceive as the recommended (not necessarily factory recommendations or allowances) settings as follows:

Caster +4.0* to +4.3*
Camber -0.3* to -0.2*
Toe +1.0* to +1.5*

PA - How does this line up with your suggestions/recommendations?

And, again, thank you for getting this discussion started!

:peace:

Hey no problem for the help. On the specs above, the camber and caster looks ideal but I like the toe to have a "total toe" measurement of .20* to .30* positive. Total toe being both sides added together, so about .10* to .15* positive on each side. Another angle I like to look at is "thrust angle" on the raptors. This says how square the rear end is to the chassis. It's good to look at to see if the rear end took a hit and shifted during off roading and for owners who did aftermarket springs and may have tightened the rear end slightly out of place accidentaly. As long as the thrust angle is under .15* one way or another I wouldn't mess with it. Spec is .50* +/- which is absurd.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Can't remember if I posted this already but here's a video from SPC on how to install the alignment cam kit. It shows a regular F150 but the Raptor will be the same. Should help people wanting to install the cam kits themselves. 86250 - F150 Camber / Caster Adjustment - Specialty Products Company - YouTube