winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok where to start..

According to Wicked Performance the front receiver is class 4. I would shoot Wicked a email if you want more info.

I've already dragged the truck a bit while on pavement at a slight angle. Nothing bent or broke. The big reason I went with this setup was Western NY salt and I don't keep it in the truck unless I plan on going off road. (dead weight) When I do have it in the truck I keep it in the tool box.

I have snatch blocks, extra shackles, straps ect. If I was really deep in the shit I would use a snatch block. 8,000 lb winch can pull 16,000 when done correctly.

Warn M8000 - Roller Fairlead w/ 100 ft. cable $569.00
Wicked Performance Front Hitch Receiver: current price $249.95 I don't remember what I got it for.
Warn Multi-Mount Carrier: $232.77 Forgot what I paid for it.

Weight: Its not light but not to bad to carry.

winch 74 lbs
Carrier 31.4 Lbs
Receiver ?

Wicked Performance Shop | Off Road Ford F150 Raptor Parts | Bumpers | Hitch | Nerf Bars | Custom Fabrication | Race Vehicles

M8000; Self-Recovery Winch; 8000 lbs./3630 kg; 12V DC Motor; w/Roller Fairlead; 100 ft. Wire Rope; C

Amazon.com: WARN 26370 Multi-Mount Winch Carrier Kit: Automotive

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where you riding at? I use to live down south in Olean for 5 years. Some fun terrain out that way... it's nothing but flat farm fields here in Omaha.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the way, in no way I am bashing your setup... With a hitch mounted winch, couldn't you easily have more pulling force than the hitch rating? Especially, if the truck was bogged down in mud, which increases the pulling resistance. Or pulling at an angle, because most anchor points are rarely straight ahead or behind stuck vehicle. I like this setup because your not stuck with a winch in the front.

Here is what Bill Burke says about them and why I am questioning your setup..

" All class three (class III) hitches are DOT (you know them) rated at 5000 pounds. You just put a 9000 or 8000 pound rated winch in a 5000 pound hitch. Now you're going to try to pull a 6300 pound vehicle out of the mud that has a resistance force equal to or exceeding the weight of the vehicle. And you're going to do all this from a dinky 2 1'2 inch tube bolted to your frame probably with grade 5 hardware. AS IF! Never mind if you have to pull off angle cause you don't own a Pull-Pal
. I suggest that if you want to use the receiver type winch, which is actually a good idea for total function, you mount two channels front and rear and make the winch mount frame the same, thereby doubling the strength of both the hitch and the winch, and leave the single receiver for the boat or the sleds!"

-Greg

Not familiar with Wicked's setup, but Draw Tites front mount for our trucks is rated to 9000 lbs. line pull. I used to sell accessories, and unless your getting something custom fabbed, all the receiver hitches (class III or above) have always been more substanially built then off the shelf winch mounts. Again this is off the shelf, major manufacturers, not smaller custom shops. As a matter of fact, all the typical front bumpers with built in winch mounts are a very poor ideal unless they add additional anchor points over the stock bumper, at least on SD, and I doubt our frame is substanially different. The mounting plates on the frame (at least on SD, and this may have changed the last year or so) are not welded all the way around. We would frequently put front replacement bumpers (think Ranch Hand etc.) on and the weight of the bumper (350 lbs., receiver's rated at 500 lb. tongue weight) alone would start ripping the plates off the frame! I have not removed a bumper on a Raptor yet, but I'll bet those plates aren't fully welded. So is putting a bumper, with winch mount, bolted straight to the factory mounts, with no additional support a good idea? I don't know how EVERY manufacturer out there does it, but most do not add additional tie-in's to the frame. In which case the separate receiver mount is by far the better.

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:waytogo:
guys am using the hidden winch much better than the portable + its not ugly,, i have recon 10500 lb on SD hidden plate it fit the same plate its lower weight the warn my friend have warn its much heavier the car will look lower in the front mine will only look a little lower you can't determine that unless you can looking while the car on road really hard to find out

Attachments

• DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 53