Switching from BD Sqaudron Pro to LP4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id just get a harness from spv. Has everything nice and neat for the lp4s, and i think a built in relay or the option to add it. The stock bd wiring is a lot.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, when it comes to electronics and all that goes with it, I am a total noob. Meaning Volts, Watts etc. I currently have 2 squadron pros mounted on the cowl with sdhq mounts. I want to move to the LP4s up there. The thing is, I have the 2 squadrons connected to ONE uplifter switch, switch 3. IIRC it is rated at 10A and the lights I have are 2.9A each so no issue on a 10A circuit. Now the LP4s are 5.5A each, bringing the total of both to 11 (insert spinal tap jokes here) which is obviously above the 10A rating. What the **** can I do? Also, anyone with these lights regarding the backlight - do you just wire a wire to the fuse box to a fuse with switched power so the backlight is always on when the truck is on?

TIA for any insight.

If you purchase a pair of lights a harness will be provided with a relay. You can just go ahead and use that harness and trigger it off your aux switches. That would be the easiest way without having to add anything. As for the backlight, we provide a fuse tap kit as well or you can tie it onto a key-on accessory.

Best,

Brahian Herrera | Forum Sales & Support
Email: [email protected] | Phone: (760) 560-2252 Ext 201

Last edited:
OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I got the lights all hooked up. I did order the SPV wiring harnass (or so I thought) and the only thing they sent me was this pic below. I spoke to a sales person and told them I want an entire harness that just plugs into the LP4's etc, this is not that at all. I ended up using the BD wires after I called BD for some questions to which they were very helpful. Maybe the person at @Specialtyperformanceparts misunderstood my needs or maybe they didn't send everything? Dunno but it is getting returned.

1712675354530.png

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I got the lights all hooked up. I did order the SPV wiring harnass (or so I thought) and the only thing they sent me was this pic below. I spoke to a sales person and told them I want an entire harness that just plugs into the LP4's etc, this is not that at all. I ended up using the BD wires after I called BD for some questions to which they were very helpful. Maybe the person at @Specialtyperformanceparts misunderstood my needs or maybe they didn't send everything? Dunno but it is getting returned.

View attachment 450666

We would never intentionally short you something, but if we did, we always want to make it right. You can ask anyone on here. That said, I can't see who you are (your name) to look up your order to see what you should have gotten. So PLEASE, shoot us an email at info @spvparts.com so we can get you fixed up. Be it a replacement, a refund, or even a discount code for future order. Please let us know so we can help.

John

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We would never intentionally short you something, but if we did, we always want to make it right. You can ask anyone on here. That said, I can't see who you are (your name) to look up your order to see what you should have gotten. So PLEASE, shoot us an email at info @spvparts.com so we can get you fixed up. Be it a replacement, a refund, or even a discount code for future order. Please let us know so we can help.

John
I did this morning. I’ll send you a pm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter