How to repurpose BD squadrons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i dont think itll look weird at all, just a tad smaller than these.

View attachment 427873

yeah i love mine, a lot more usable than even my sports for actual light throw for the street, my sports send a lot of light but its everywhere and doesnt go as far.
The squadrons are a good bit smaller than the XLs, I think it could look good but you’d need more than 6.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
reverse / running lights on the bumper - that’s what I did with my squadron sports.

OP
OP
shigman

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the new B/D SAE fogs work great for what they are and they’re road legal. I tend to use my amber squadron pros for rural high beams. I get far enough throw, and wide dispersion. I just leave the SAE on. They do help, within their limits.
Wow, yeah the new designed SAE BDs look quite a lot better. Can't wait to get my old ones rebuilt.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey...So i just traded in a G2 for a G3 and I had 6 squadrons in the bumper fog light area. I pulled off all my lights to swap over. I plan on keeping the rigids as fogs as I like the factory look of them and the ability to use them on the street. Id like to order one of these

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/pr...ount-kit-for-stock-front-bumper-use-any-light

my only reservation is I've only seen pictures of big lights on those bumper mounts. Would the small squadrons look ok? Id rather not do a behind the grill kit because Id actually like to see them. Just curious if anyone has done a bumper mount and not used LP6-9s XL80s etc. I would swap in some bigger units, but I've already got XL80s for the pillars and those put out more than enough light anyway. Thanks.
1697573474344.png

Our behind-the-grill kit would also be a great option as well.
Best,

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I need to send my old SAE BDs back in for the upgrade which I'm planning on doing before doing any of this. Thanks for the opinions, I agree that 6 small squadrons would look a little "off" on a bumper mount. Ill do either the fog light area or behind the grill. The vendors seem to want to sell those behind the grill mounts with lights, I assume if i call them I can order just the mounts. Thanks!
We carry the Baja Designs behind the grille brackets only and can put the brackets and wiring together for you so you can reuse your six Squadrons behind the grille, if you want. Alternatively, you could fit the same 6 Squadrons in the fog openings on either side of the truck and we carry those brackets as well.

Feel free to send me a message if we can assist.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the Foutz mount with a 40in light bar. The biggest issue is the light blocks the camera. The squadrons would less inclined to block the camera depending on spacing. The behind the grill option may be the best route as far as the camera is concerned.

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 12

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two SAE squadrons on either side of my 6in lights on an ADD bar, similar to Foutz mount, I don’t think a row of squadrons would look bad.

Attachments

• 20230923_141450_resized.jpeg
    20230923_141450_resized.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0361.jpeg
    IMG_0361.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 14

OKflyswatter

Reaction score
Here is the Foutz mount with a 40in light bar. The biggest issue is the light blocks the camera. The squadrons would less inclined to block the camera depending on spacing. The behind the grill option may be the best route as far as the camera is concerned.
Out of curiosity, could you post a picture showing how obstructed the view is on the camera?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter