Why

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

It was a LOT different with just the GEN1 crowd. Birdman tried to separate the two with the fordraptor2 forum but it never panned out.

I don’t post as much anymore because its a different crowd. I liked it more when it was more about off-roading and how to make the truck more capable with all the mods coming out. Now its about 20” wheels and nonsense mods, which I never thought that would be a thing here and accepted but then again society accepts ****, trans, etc so times are changing. It’s a different world we live in today and the forum is changing with it.

Think most got tired of it and just turned this place into a place to mess with people and be an ass on the Internet. Occasionally we get some decent threads that are helpful, just gotta ignore the BS ones and move on to the ones that matter to you.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It was a LOT different with just the GEN1 crowd. Birdman tried to separate the two with the fordraptor2 forum but it never panned out.

I don’t post as much anymore because its a different crowd. I liked it more when it was more about off-roading and how to make the truck more capable with all the mods coming out. Now its about 20” wheels and nonsense mods, which I never thought that would be a thing here and accepted but then again society accepts ****, trans, etc so times are changing. It’s a different world we live in today and the forum is changing with it.

Think most got tired of it and just turned this place into a place to mess with people and be an ass on the Internet. Occasionally we get some decent threads that are helpful, just gotta ignore the BS ones and move on to the ones that matter to you.

I read the forum almost daily and I don't see an abundance of 20" rim posts and nonsense mods. A lot more Gen 1 peeps have the Pedal "I don't want to floor my car" Commander mod then Gen 2's. And if there's a nonsense mod, that's probably at or near the #1 spot.

In fact, the majority of shit filled posts in the Gen 2 forums come from Gen 1 owners.

D

Deleted member 12951

I read the forum almost daily and I don't see an abundance of 20" rim posts and nonsense mods. A lot more Gen 1 peeps have the Pedal "I don't want to floor my car" Commander mod then Gen 2's. And if there's a nonsense mod, that's probably at or near the #1 spot.

In fact, the majority of shit filled posts in the Gen 2 forums come from Gen 1 owners.

Fair enough, I will not disagree with GEN1 folks throw the shit but think its because they gave up and now look at FRF as a joke to have fun at instead.

And I fully 150% disagree with you on the Pedal Commander. You have your opinion and I have mine but I have had one since October 2016 and that is one mod that I will not be taking off any time soon. But there are plenty of threads here on that mod that you can take your argument on the device there.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Oh HELLS no. Not this lie again. That may be the “fond remembrance” in the light of hindsight, but it’s not reality. it was nowhere near the “all 4 wheeling all the time” image being portrayed here. On day one the forum opened, yeah, there may have been a higher percentage of enthusiast owners, but it quickly attracted the same percentage of goofballs that you’re complaining about here.

Let’s not pretend that the @$$holes who spend a great, disproportionate amount of time trolling, or $hit stirring here who own a gen1 weren’t doing the same thing before. Maybe they did less of it, but they did it and it was not policed then and even less is done about it now. Gen 2 posters are not innocent in all of this either, our tribe has its share of posters who are knucklehead posters but your perception that “things changed” because of the new model truck and the “different” cadre of owners is just wrong.

The situation here devolved long before 2017, and even before the 2017 Raptor was announced. It devolved because it was allowed to devolve.

I liked it more when it was more about off-roading and how to make the truck more capable with all the mods coming out. Now its about 20” wheels and nonsense mods, which I never thought that would be a thing here and accepted but then again society accepts ****, trans, etc so times are changing. It’s a different world we live in today and the forum is changing with it.

And you, of all posters should be glad society accepts **** and trans, so you’re able to come here with your pride marcher colleagues and be welcome on FRF!

I’m kidding with you here @RDTFS, but doing so to make a point. You’re backhanded insinuation that the 2017+ truck owners are equivalent to the
the societal drive to accept alternative lifestyle folks is part of the reason this place is what you complain about.

After all, Gen 2 posters here have to accept ****, trans and Gen1 owners.
See how that looks?

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only reason i'm getting a Gen 2 is because i can finally upgrade from my jeep wranglers...for some its got to be just that we are now financially able to afford such an expensive truck. My Wrangler was 45K and i'm getting 30K on a trade in. I'll finance the other 40K. Just in a place where i can afford a Raptor. if i could of got one before, i would have...maybe some fall in the same category. Either way, still waiting.

D

Deleted member 12951

Oh HELLS no. Not this lie again. That may be the “fond remembrance” in the light of hindsight, but it’s not reality. it was nowhere near the “all 4 wheeling all the time” image being portrayed here. On day one the forum opened, yeah, there may have been a higher percentage of enthusiast owners, but it quickly attracted the same percentage of goofballs that you’re complaining about here.

Let’s not pretend that the @$$holes who spend a great, disproportionate amount of time trolling, or $hit stirring here who own a gen1 weren’t doing the same thing before. Maybe they did less of it, but they did it and it was not policed then and even less is done about it now. Gen 2 posters are not innocent in all of this either, our tribe has its share of posters who are knucklehead posters but your perception that “things changed” because of the new model truck and the “different” cadre of owners is just wrong.

The situation here devolved long before 2017, and even before the 2017 Raptor was announced. It devolved because it was allowed to devolve.

And you, of all posters should be glad society accepts **** and trans, so you’re able to come here with your pride marcher colleagues and be welcome on FRF!

I’m kidding with you here @RDTFS, but doing so to make a point. You’re backhanded insinuation that the 2017+ truck owners are equivalent to the

the societal drive to accept alternative lifestyle folks is part of the reason this place is what you complain about.

After all, Gen 2 posters here have to accept ****, trans and Gen1 owners.

See how that looks?

Just my own viewpoint, not meant to speak on the behalf of other GEN1 owners, everyone can have their own opinion. We can agree to disagree

I may be politically incorrect but I do not have to accept ****, trans or gay marriages, as I do not and probably never will. That is a lifestyle that I feel is wrong but society makes you feel like you are the bad guy if you judge those characteristics so most just stay quiet about it. I only used it as a reference to how society changes and people will either accept it, not accept it and be vocal or not accept and choose not to say anything and leave. I never said that GEN2 owners were gay but as a reference that most of their needs and desires are different. Years ago being gay was not acceptable to society and most stayed in the closet. Now society has changed and people are commended for saying they are gay. In reference to 20’s, years ago here that wasn’t something anyone posted about as they would be ridiculed so folks that did rarely posted about it. Now folks commend people who do it. Times have changed here, thats all I am saying

I understand that some folks are first time truck owners and some have no desire to take it off-road and came from cars so bling is important.

I for one always drove a truck since the 80’s but never really got into the off-road world. I bought a raptor because I liked the truck but never really thought of taking it off-road either. Then I joined this forum and my viewpoint changed and went to a Raptor event in Texas. I was hooked, cannot get enough and throwing money at suspension that I never thought in a million years that I would ever do. I think if I would of bought a raptor now and joined this forum, I am not sure if I would be off-roading and might even be that guy putting 20’s on and think none the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough, I will not disagree with GEN1 folks throw the shit but think its because they gave up and now look at FRF as a joke to have fun at instead.

How is this in any way shape or form the fault of Gen 2 owners? I'm baffled by your justification here. "gen 1 owners are disgruntled and given up, so we come here to shit on posts" wtf? What exactly are you disgruntled about? That there's a better truck out there now?

You're literally complaining about an issue YOU are causing.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
First things first. OP. Old Screen name for verification of membership length claims will be required. Please produce this post-haste.

Secondly.

tenor.gif

Lastly

1325070313950.jpg