White carpet stains from Weather-tech mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the WT floor liners to clean and noticed the carpet had white sticky stains from the bottom of the mat. Anyone else have this problem? These are about 1 year old.

Attachments

• 2142EFDB-5B1D-43A0-A80F-73B1B828D380.jpeg
    2142EFDB-5B1D-43A0-A80F-73B1B828D380.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 74

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dahm. I've never seen/heard of that. I've got WT's in my '06 but have not had any sort of issue like that. Is is bleached out or cleanable?

OP
OP
TheC-Don

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dahm. I've never seen/heard of that. I've got WT's in my '06 but have not had any sort of issue like that. Is is bleached out or cleanable?
It is sticky so not sure how to clean it. Waiting to hear back from Weather-Tech to see what the deal is.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats weird
It is sticky so not sure how to clean it. Waiting to hear back from Weather-Tech to see what the deal is.
Thats weird never heard of that issue. Lets us know what you find out, and how to solve it

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like the stuff they use to get the molds to release during processing. Maybe they didn't get cleaned well before shipping?

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you (or a car wash/detailer) possibly clean the mats or carpet with with soap or a cleaner? That would be my guess since you are saying it's sticky. Are you seeing the same under all of the mats or just that one?

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it was something that was under your mat on the carpet and not the mat itself. I found a white sticky stain under mine once, but it was something that got spilt and went under the mat. Took it to a shop that cleaned it and killed the mildew with special cleaner.

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it’s the mat actually breaking down; I have this on a set of gray WT mats in my kids care but don’t have the issue with the brown set in my wife’s Yukon. Both sets are at least 4 years old. The sticky set in the Honda is not garage kept and spends more time in the Texas heat but hard to say if it’s heat related, color related or all of the above in conjunction with the physical properties of the plastic used. I once considered asking WT to see if it would be covered under warranty. I stuck with the OEM Gen 2 mats since they had a descent overlap.

OP
OP
TheC-Don

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it’s the mat actually breaking down; I have this on a set of gray WT mats in my kids care but don’t have the issue with the brown set in my wife’s Yukon. Both sets are at least 4 years old. The sticky set in the Honda is not garage kept and spends more time in the Texas heat but hard to say if it’s heat related, color related or all of the above in conjunction with the physical properties of the plastic used. I once considered asking WT to see if it would be covered under warranty. I stuck with the OEM Gen 2 mats since they had a descent overlap.
I think you are correct. There is nothing that could have spilled under the mat and left the stains. I reached out to weather tech but got no reply. It’s really weird and I haven’t had this problem in my other cars. I’ll try to clean it and see what happens.