Whistling sound from engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rob in CA

Rob in CA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2014 does the exact same thing. Sounds like a turbo spooling up. I can reproduce the whistle only under a driving load at 1500-2000 RPMs. I had a Ford tech from my dealership ride with me and was able to reproduce the noise over and over for him. He popped the hood and checked the air intake. He said the noise was not affecting the performance of the truck and didn't know what was causing the noise. The truck is completely stock with 18,000 miles.

That's exactly what happened to me. The tech drove with me, and heard the noise. Dealership called me back a few hours later and said the truck was fine. I haven't noticed any performance degradation, but the sound is getting progressively louder, so to me that is not normal.

Lemons

Reaction score
Hello. New gen1 raptor owner. Finally was able to buy my dream truck in November of last year. This is my first post, so I'll throw in some photos so everyone knows its not a prius.

I see that this is a super old post but did anyone ever get to the bottom of this problem? Mine sounds very similar. Only whistles when in Drive and under load. Loudest between 1500-2000rpm. I also took mine to the dealer. Had to drive the tech around to get him to hear it properly and they also told me the truck is running fine and to not worry about it.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg