FORscan Fake Engine Noise, now B&O reverted to mono sound from the dash only?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to me 2018 and the first thing I did with FORscan was the Auto Start/Stop disable….moving down the spreadsheet the fake engine noise caught my eye so I gave it a whirl….now my B&O sounds likes it’s a mono speaker and sound is only coming from the dash speakers. I have tried to return the changes to the original in the ACM and DSP. No change in condition. Any direction would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Jim

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
New to me 2018 and the first thing I did with FORscan was the Auto Start/Stop disable….moving down the spreadsheet the fake engine noise caught my eye so I gave it a whirl….now my B&O sounds likes it’s a mono speaker and sound is only coming from the dash speakers. I have tried to return the changes to the original in the ACM and DSP. No change in condition. Any direction would be helpful.

Thank you in advance,

Jim
Just restore from the backup you took prior to the FORSCAN mods. I’m pretty sure there’s a tutorial on it.

Did you make both changes at once?
were you looking in the section for the correct YEAR truck for the FORSCAN values?
Did you commit the changes with a power cycle?

OP
OP
Q

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to restore and it states that there was no file found. I attempted again with the same outcome. I clearly did something wrong when I backed up prior. On a positive note, the start/stop is disabled as it should be. I guess I’ll need to know what all the settings should be for the ACM and DSP modules? Without knowing what they were beforehand, am I screwed?

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Reaction score
So, remember this axiom when making FORSCAN changes.

1) Check your current and change to values twice. Write them down with a paper and pen, or if you’re too cool for that, use your notes app. TYPE it, don’t dictate it and VERIFY IT.
2) while you’re making the change, and in FORSCAN, verify the current values are correct to what you noted previously. If not, stop, return to the beginning and start over.
3) if the values were correct, change 1 AND ONLY 1 feature at a time, start to finish.
4) VALIDATE FUNCTION after the key/ignition cycle. Revert if it didn’t work.
5) If you got this far and things are Fùcked up, blame Noah at @The Car Stereo Company

now. I’m not sure where it is now, but the “as built” data by VIN used to be on etis.ford.com - we’ll need someone more currently versed in Forscan to help with the current location of the as built data. My last FORSCAN updates were...4+ years ago.

I do know that backups are One module at a time. Not just one big backup, you have to backup each individual module one by one. It’s time consuming, about an hour all in, but, if you go in without a backup, this outcome is a distinct possibility.

Have you checked the https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/forscan-changes-tweak-your-truck.52149/ thread, recent posts for info on the “as built” data?

OP
OP
Q

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smurfslayer, you’re awesome, thank you for your time and direction!

I have all my “asbuilt” data for my VIN now in print and spreadsheet as well as the .as file to upload. Motorcraftservice.com is an awesome site for information. I got all my asbuilt information specifics to my VIN at motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt.

I’ll play with the truck again closer to the weekend and compare all the modules to what they should be and BACKUP/SAVE EVERYTHING AND CONFIRM ITS SAVED THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Good work!
Now I know where to get MY as built data! Thanks.

Let us know where you get, hopefully at least back to stock/functioning. :cheers:

OP
OP
Q

quattrojim

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything is backed up and back to normal. Full B&O functionality again. Even though I had downloaded the ASBUILT file from MotorcraftService, I just used the “Load AB” feature from FORscan and it corrected any mishaps in the modules.

While I was at it, I added the extra temperature info above the digital gauges, that’s a nice addition to the instrument cluster.

Thanks,

Jim

smurfslayer

Reaction score
except for a wife. bad enough you got your wife píssed at you. no need to have your backup wife píssed at you too.
SISTER wife. they don’t like being referred to as a backup.

Strangely enough, my employer does not offer sister wife benefits. They offer benefits for life partners, transition assistance, but no sister wives.
Yes, I asked. They were making a big point about how competitive their benefits were at the time so I asked what about sister wives? Then I clarified ‘you know, plural wives’.

No was the answer.

sigh.