Whipple and livernois cams on 6.2l raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Fastlane told me from the being that I would possibly need bigger tb with the cams I wouldn't bet part about it. I give a call Monday Jim and we'll work something out.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

I'll go ahead and take a side (with no offense intended). I wanted the livernois cams (love me some lope) but I asked around and nobody wanted to tune for them, especially with a whipple. I think when you run an unproven combo, some R&D cost is inevitable. I'd just order the new TB and get on with it.

I'd love to hear what kind of numbers your truck puts down when it's done. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

I wasn't expecting them doing any r&d costs after they told me they have done 4 of them already. If I knew what a headache this would be from the start I would have never done this. There's plenty of other things I could spend my 13k on.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They might have done 4 Whipple's but not with the cams.
Once you get the stalling fixed you'll be happy you spent the 13K.
Trust me!!!!

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JDM and Livernois I salute both of you for taking a personalized interest in this guy's dilemma. There are so few companies that are like that. When I start looking for parts (Prob a TB next), I will for sure buy from you two guys before I look elsewhere.

NOLA

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They might have done 4 Whipple's but not with the cams.
Once you get the stalling fixed you'll be happy you spent the 13K.
Trust me!!!!

I think ur right. Now the I think about *** they said they had raptor up the with 6.6 stroker and procharger but I think they we using the stock cams. I know for a fact though the livernois did one.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are lucky to have these vendors offering to help you as mentioned before. Stay positive. I've had some frustrating run ins with other vehicles with companies that would make you pull your hair out, doesn't seem to be the case here.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Livernois has done quite a few cam setups with different FA applications.
That's why they mentioned they had to invest in a proprietary software program just to Tune for them.
It's to bad you don't live close to JDM so you can leave your truck with them till Sr. can figure them out without too much down time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt Jdm will get me square away. I just hate waiting and I'm not talking about Jdm. I'm talking about Fastlane in Houston TX. Btw this issue I have with my truck doesn't compare to the issues I've had with murrillo motor sports when had them work on my mustang. Sorry about that but it's been serveral years and I'm still pissed off about it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no doubt Jdm will get me square away. I just hate waiting and I'm not talking about Jdm. I'm talking about Fastlane in Houston TX. Btw this issue I have with my truck doesn't compare to the issues I've had with murrillo motor sports when had them work on my mustang. Sorry about that but it's been serveral years and I'm still pissed off about it.
Don't mean to get too sidetracked, but that's what I was referring to about my stuff, 65k put into my stang which I'm still not happy about, lol. Leaves a chip on your shoulder and makes it hard to be trusting.