Whipple and livernois cams on 6.2l raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's been about 4 months since I had the supercharger and cams installed. I wish I could say it's been a blast driving it but it's still at the house because it's keeps dying at stop lights. I really wish I never did this. 13k lesson learned.

Hey Zach,

We spoke to Fastlane yesterday and they were supposed to send us a copy of our tune after they altered for your truck. We want to see the changes they made and see if we can help fix it before Sr. gets back down to Texas.

My father and I both recommended to them and you a larger throttle body so it could account for the extra needed idle air flow that is required with cams. We think that would help solve your issue. The larger throttle body will all more air flow at idle help keep you from stalling. It's also adjustable, so you can make an idle speed adjustment manually with out going through the tune.

Sr. said he will still try to arrange meeting you when he's down there. I know he last two trips one was short notice and the most recent he was very sick and couldn't do much of anything while he was in town.

Call me about the throttle body if you would like to change that out to help solve the issue.

JimIII

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk. It's been I while since I heard from Jdm. Mike at Fastlane told me they couldn't get a hold of them so they where going to go with livernois. Livernois told him that they would need the truck at there shop. Mike at Fastlane won't do that cause it's to expensive to get it up there so he said he's gonna try Jdm again. 4 months is unacceptable.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Idk. It's been I while since I heard from Jdm. Mike at Fastlane told me they couldn't get a hold of them so they where going to go with livernois. Livernois told him that they would need the truck at there shop. Mike at Fastlane won't do that cause it's to expensive to get it up there so he said he's gonna try Jdm again. 4 months is unacceptable.

Zach I spoke with you 4 times at least myself over the phone since this post. Most recently this week on Monday or Tuesday...Fast Lane called right after you called me and said "we need to get this handled" Now originally they purchased a .MTF tune file so they can make their own adjustments. I don't know what all they changed but apparently it wasn't much according to the guy I spoke with. However I asked them to send a copy over to our email yesterday and did not get a reply from them yet.

My suggestion and honest opinion as to what the fix for you would be is adding a larger opening throttle body to accommodate your cams. Driving and Wide open throttle your truck is perfect as far as I understand. Its the stalling issue that's bothering you. It's because your truck wants more air, give it more air!

Just so everyone is clear we have not been working on the tune for 4 months, we sent them the tune 11/18 and didn't hear back until I saw this post.

OP
OP
RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to imply that Jdm was taking a long time to tune my truck. I meant that Fastlane has been taking a long time to get my truck right. Jim u have been very help so far in this. If y'all think the bigger tb will solve the issue that's find but Fastlane needs to pay for it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you think Fastlane needs to pay for it?
I'm not on anybody side just curious why you think that.
Did Fastlane suggest the cams without upgrading the TB?
I'm running Whipple's Twin 68mm with full stock exhaust and stock cams, my truck sure liked the TB upgrade.
I think you might want to look at Whipple's Twin 72mm!!!
I wish I would have know about the 72mm before I bought the 68mm, this way when I do headers I'll be ready.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and take a side (with no offense intended). I wanted the livernois cams (love me some lope) but I asked around and nobody wanted to tune for them, especially with a whipple. I think when you run an unproven combo, some R&D cost is inevitable. I'd just order the new TB and get on with it.

I'd love to hear what kind of numbers your truck puts down when it's done. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why do you think Fastlane needs to pay for it?
I'm not on anybody side just curious why you think that.
Did Fastlane suggest the cams without upgrading the TB?
I'm running Whipple's Twin 68mm with full stock exhaust and stock cams, my truck sure liked the TB upgrade.
I think you might want to look at Whipple's Twin 72mm!!!
I wish I would have know about the 72mm before I bought the 68mm, this way when I do headers I'll be ready.

He's already making over 540 RWHP and at the limits of the stock internals and fuel pump. I would stay away from anything bigger than a twin 65mm...He's gonna see a big power jump from that alone over the Stock twin 60mm. A twin 68mm maybe okay....but I wouldn't risk it.

We've had very good luck with the FRPP throttle body units so it's all I will suggest.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, and was just reinforcing your suggestion to upgrade the TB.
Without doing the fuel pump upgrade or any fuel upgrade, running lean is a concern.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree, and was just reinforcing your suggestion to upgrade the TB.
Without doing the fuel pump upgrade or any fuel upgrade, running lean is a concern.

Yeah those Whipple TB's do flow better and will pick up some big power so I just want him to keep safe.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Zach, I'll get you a good deal on a Twin 65mm TB if you want to call us I'm here today until 3:30 EST.