wheel/tire beads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A search came up with very little on the subject. I know in upper New England it's near impossible to find anyone that wants to "marry" my truck in balancing the 37's. I've heard of the beads, but this is my first rodeo with them.
Would love to open this up for those with experiences with them.
Thanks...........:win:

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine runs beads in the 37s on his jeep and loves them. You can hear them bouncing around at low speed but other than that everything spins true.

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont waste your time trying to blow them in thru the valve stem It wont work with tmps.However you can throw the bags in the tire after breaking the bead ,Ive been told it will ride horrible for a few miles till the bags break down and beads can do their thing.

I spoke with a heavy truck tire guy and he had a tire size chart that had the recommended oz of beads per tire.

whoisbigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them in my 37's... they are awesome. Tires are always balanced and stay balanced. Tires wear better and last longer. I have used them for over 20 years and wouldn't go back to weights for anything. I've run them in 37's, 40's, 44's, and 46 inch tires and all were driven high speed on the highway without ever an issue. The truck in my avatar had 46's on it and it was a daily driver that I would take to work twice a week, 150 highway miles round trip, 75-80 mph, no issues.

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Alright, my early impression and experience. Left the shop, hit 45 and felt like the steering wheel was going come off in my hands. After a few miles it disappeared. Forty miles of interstate cruising took care of what it is supposed to. No shimmy, no shake all the way up to the rev limiter. I think in the future on the OE 35"'s I wouldn't bother hanging weights. I'd go straight to the bags. Thanks for the input.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, my early impression and experience. Left the shop, hit 45 and felt like the steering wheel was going come off in my hands. After a few miles it disappeared. Forty miles of interstate cruising took care of what it is supposed to. No shimmy, no shake all the way up to the rev limiter. I think in the future on the OE 35"'s I wouldn't bother hanging weights. I'd go straight to the bags. Thanks for the input.

Which brand did you end up going with, where'd you get them and how much per wheel?

Thanks!

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
4WD.com

13.99 a bag for their eight ounce bags. They don't have them listed on the website but if you call 800-555-3353 and ask for part #IMIEQCS40CD No S&H charged.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

The same place I bought my BFG KO2's 37x12.5x17 for 995.00 for four with shipping included.