Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Out of box tune (SCT, whoever)

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Factory

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • Other (name what you have)

Votes: 44 17.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have a whipple, so I went with a JDM tune. Really pleased with it. Had a 5 star before the SC. It was pretty good. JDM came highly recommended. Check them out. They do a ton of R and D supposedly on Raptors. I think I am going to a local dyno soon because I just added 37's. Good luck.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all reality, your best bet is to get it tuned on a dyno and have them adjust the rest of the parameters to your liking.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree dyno tuning is the best, remote dyno Tuning second.
But, in all reality, that's pretty difficult to do if your not near one of these Raptor Tuning shops.
Not to mention the most expensive.
Most guys here just go through data logging.

Last edited:

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Honestly, canned tunes no matter how good they are, are not going to be as good as in-house dyno tuning. My buddy has a procharged 5.0 F-150. The canned tunes shifted rough, idled weird etc. etc. He had his tuned by MPT performance in Florida. He gained another 70 hp and 60 torque (I think) just by having his dyno tuned. It also really helped out with the bad shifting. Here are some videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usy8Z_zLUwk&list=UUEvKDepc0rd4c7Dgr-U1c1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iptq6_pd5us&index=2&list=UUEvKDepc0rd4c7Dgr-U1c1g

In this video, you can see how the canned tune holds gears. It is much much faster than this now after the dyno tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSCwRaD9OLw

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
thanks for the advice and I will look that guy up MTF. I definitely would do dyne tune A.) if I had the money and B.) if there was one nearby. I wasn't able to have a shop, around the base I'm stationed at, install a NAVTV system correctly... and they do them as a specialty. So being up in BFE New York/Canada my options are very limited. I will check SVC if it's worth the money it's worth the wait to me. Anybody know anyone getting more of a whistle out of their roush charger by tuning? or know a few tricks to make it whistle?

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Now was that video a 13.4 or 13.04? big difference but definitely awesome either way

GDGemmer

Reaction score
I have the Livernois tuner and could not be happier with the service from this company. They use the MyCalibr8tor tuner by AIW instead of the SCT tuners. I have been very pleased with the two tunes that I have used so far on the Raptor and I can get new tunes when needed at no charge as long as I own the tuner. This is actually the second F150 that I have used this tuner on, the first being an ecoBoost. When I purchased the Raptor Livernois converted the tuner via downloads of firmware and tunes at no cost. When I added the modified Airaid CAI they came thru again with a new tune at no cost. Thank you Livernois for supporting the product you sell and most of all the customer(me).

I'm actually in the process of doing the same thing. I emailed Anthony asking about sending mine back and swapping/paying for new tunes, to find that its free. Thats the bomb dot com IMO. Only issue is finding the strategy code on the Raptor...?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm actually in the process of doing the same thing. I emailed Anthony asking about sending mine back and swapping/paying for new tunes, to find that its free. Thats the bomb dot com IMO. Only issue is finding the strategy code on the Raptor...?

Anthony will send you an email with step by step instructions on how to update the tuner. One of the steps causes the tuner to error out, when they read this file they will get the strategy code for your truck. This process takes a few days to complete but is well worth it in the end.