Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Out of box tune (SCT, whoever)

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Factory

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • Other (name what you have)

Votes: 44 17.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Livernois tuner and could not be happier with the service from this company. They use the MyCalibr8tor tuner by AIW instead of the SCT tuners. I have been very pleased with the two tunes that I have used so far on the Raptor and I can get new tunes when needed at no charge as long as I own the tuner. This is actually the second F150 that I have used this tuner on, the first being an ecoBoost. When I purchased the Raptor Livernois converted the tuner via downloads of firmware and tunes at no cost. When I added the modified Airaid CAI they came thru again with a new tune at no cost. Thank you Livernois for supporting the product you sell and most of all the customer(me).

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you know it's a high quality tune? You put it on dyno and had it analyzed yet? A tune can feel good but dyno will tell truth.

I would like to see a company offer data logged tuning. With my mustang I think I paid $700 with tuner and i could data log and get tune revisions for whatever changes i made to the intake, exhaust, etc. With a canned tune I feel you are always going to be leaving something on the table whether it's performance or engine/drivetrain safety.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would like to see a company offer data logged tuning. With my mustang I think I paid $700 with tuner and i could data log and get tune revisions for whatever changes i made to the intake, exhaust, etc. With a canned tune I feel you are always going to be leaving something on the table whether it's performance or engine/drivetrain safety.

If a customer runs datalogs we gladly look over them and make adjustments to perfect if applicable. We even have a config. File to run with sct live feed to make the process even easier. We ran multiple datalogs with @Meyercord

Gilligan

Reaction score
Everyone is different. But I will stand by my remark that $150-200 for the SVC tune is a bargain, I don't care if it comes from a box, bag, can or dyno -- Ford could have charged me $1200 and I wouldn't have complained.

5star could be giving me 100 more hp than a stock or SVC tune, but I still wouldn't drive my truck with a 5star tune on it. I'd go as far as to say I wouldn't have bought my raptor if it drove like a 5star truck when I test drove it.

As far as a custom tune with several dyno pulls being better... well yeah! That said I would imagine the majority of people who have the knowledge, end game, and drive to get into custom tuning have already been on a dyno, and are not looking for tune advice on the internet.

I would like to see a company offer data logged tuning.

SVC would no doubt do any changes needed so long as they have the needed info to make sure the customer has what they want and need. I spoke with Jeff a few days ago about a tweak or two, and instead of a yes or no his answer was basically 'we are gonna do some testing next week for you', IMO that's a helluva service and quite detailled for a "canned" tune..

Last edited:

Meyercord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If a customer runs datalogs we gladly look over them and make adjustments to perfect if applicable. We even have a config. File to run with sct live feed to make the process even easier. We ran multiple datalogs with @Meyercord

true story and my truck is now even better than it was before!

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i will be giving the SVC tune a try soon, just want to get a few miles on the motor first. I agree that the price is more than reasonable given the fact they will log and adjust for your truck. Not sure why SVC doesn't promote that fact a little more, maybe most people just want a hassle free plug and play tune.

Gensupt

Reaction score
i have a livernois and like it. I have the 93 tow tune, which gave me allot better throttle response and a noticeable difference in HP. They have excellent customer service, i had my tuner on my 2012 ecoboost, and they upgraded it for free to work on my raptor. just my two cents.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$150-$200 is a steal on the SVC tune. I got it for a good amount more...absolutely happy with it though. Working on minor tweaks with Jeff too!

Armyraptor

Roush Raptor in Qatar
Reaction score
Which tune is best/easiest

I've heard good things from SVC, 5Star, etc. however I have a Roush supercharger and exhaust. I will be adding headers an dual exhaust eventually but was curious which tuner gives the most on top of the supercharger and if they can be changed after I install headers. Anyone got some input that could help me?

dfass16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey armyraptor. I have a phase 2 roush. After having enough of the vanilla tune roush has I decided to go with a 5* roush tune. After loading it all up and driving the truck it was so-so. It shifted gears very hard and still the same after a few days. I talked with the guys at svc and they set me up with the tune made for supercharger. Same initial thoughts about it but after a few days the truck ran much better. Shifts are incredibly smooth and feels like it's getting all the power possible from the blower. For the extra money the svc tune was well worth it and the determination they have to customize it to your liking. Hope my 2cents helps