Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Out of box tune (SCT, whoever)

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Factory

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • Other (name what you have)

Votes: 44 17.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is the purpose of a dyno! I do it everyday on my Dynojet Dyno! Just keep in mind that a dyno printout is at WOT where none of us spend most of our time on the street in a 6000 lb truck. Peak numbers are nice but area under the curve is important as well as throttle positions other than 100% WOT. Again, there is a theoretical limit on stock motor no matter how good the tune. It's not like every revision is going to give another 10 RWHP over the previous version. You would never feel a 10 hp difference on a 6000lb truck anyway. Not even on a 3500lb car. Now 10 hp gain on a motorcycle will get your attention! These trucks have been around long enough now that parameters and tunes should be figured out. When I send out a bike dyno tuned it is spot on and requires no revisions unless there are other modifications done after my tune.

I have this conversation with our customers every day, well said. Driving characteristics such as shift points, throttle commands, etc. are more important than a few peak HP especially on a tank that is the Raptor! Combinations are how mail order tunes are built and based for the customer to ensure what they are getting is correct and performs as advertised. Go making changes to those combinations and you have to change the tuning. Luckily there are very few modifications (ie. Tune, Cold Air, Exhaust, or Supercharger) that are available for these trucks so as a tuner it makes our job a little easier. Compared to the Mustang Market which has a million different parts available and variations of each part from different brands or outfits.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a phone conversation with Jim Jr. at JDM Engineering. Very nice guy. They have a Raptor tune.

Last edited:

jdandchazz

Reaction score
which programmer for a new raptor owner??

I have a 2011 raptor. It has a roush cold air intake a magnaflow exhaust system. I need some advise on which fuel / air programmer will give me the best performance?

Gilligan

Reaction score
Are you looking for just fuel / air programmer or do you want to tune the truck?

If you wanna tune read up on the SVC tune. I got their X4 package that comes with the tune.

The Tune, By SVC

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor. It has a roush cold air intake a magnaflow exhaust system. I need some advise on which fuel / air programmer will give me the best performance?

SVC and 5 Star both have great options. I personally run a 5 Star but it's a 93 performance tune which runs a little harder than their street tunes. SVC has great reviews across the board in street driving and peddle to the floor scenarios.

If you would like, send me an email and we can discuss some options for you.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

10388-fms-website2.jpg

Last edited:

jdandchazz

Reaction score
I actually have same similar question. I have a high magna flow exhaust and a roush cold air intake and that's it. Looking to add a programmer and need advise on what is the best for my set up?

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read my thread on Our New 5* Tunes. Call Jacob at 5*. Great person, he will do you right! Tunes proven to work as I completely evaluated them in both our Raptors one with stock air box and other with AFE CAI and exhausts.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JDM Engineering has a Raptor Tune. Would like to see a a couple evaluations of that tune.

Last edited:

5star

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I have noticed that a number of raptor drivers are using the 5star tune. I plan to only add a tune for now and run everything else stock. Anyone have some suggestions for a tune while running everything else stock? Thanks.

If you want all out performance, look at our performance tune. If you are seeking something for daily driving our daily street tune gives you near max performance of the performance tune with soft shifting. The economy tune is a way to maximize your fuel economy. As far as recommendations go, how do your drive your truck?