What I learned in Raptor School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapterzz

Reaction score
I hope that’s true about rolling their truck. I live in Salt Lake and I am looking for another set of oem wheels and tires. Looks like I need to go to the salvage yard.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instructors told us about a some guys the previous week who thought the high speed baja section wasn’t fast enough (told to keep it under 45), so they went back with their personal Raptor and...flipped it. Totaled the truck, set off every airbag, and hung upside down for a while. Roof held, good news there.

I went in April. We went 80 plus in sections of the Baja. I have a video on here of it somewhere. The must have imposed that 45 mph limit during subsequent classes or changed the area. Some tool probably tried to take a hard turn at 70 and flipped one of their trucks or something stupid that caused them to impose a speed limit. Either way, the class rocked and is worth doing.
Tone

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went in April. We went 80 plus in sections of the Baja. I have a video on here of it somewhere. The must have imposed that 45 mph limit during subsequent classes or changed the area. Some tool probably tried to take a hard turn at 70 and flipped one of their trucks or something stupid that caused them to impose a speed limit. Either way, the class rocked and is worth doing.
Tone

Yeah I watched just about every video of the Baja stuff that has been uploaded. We only did a small portion of what earlier classes did, and at a lot slower speed. I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed had I not seen what yall had done. Here is what we did. Drove down it, then came back same way. Up and down once for each driver. Total of maybe 10 minutes of driving, five per driver.

OP
OP
M

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I watched just about every video of the Baja stuff that has been uploaded. We only did a small portion of what earlier classes did, and at a lot slower speed. I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed had I not seen what yall had done. Here is what we did. Drove down it, then came back same way. Up and down once for each driver. Total of maybe 10 minutes of driving, five per driver.

That’s what I did last week. With a 45 mph speed limit. On HALF of it. There were cones up and half of it had a 35 mph speed limit. Almost forgot about that part.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They change some of the courses every month or so. This changes the speed allowed also.

RUFdriver

Reaction score
Just did the course today, the Baja section is still 45/35, wish it was longer. Overall the course was fun and informative, I enjoyed it. The downside I’m stuck at the comfort inn in bumf*** Utah. if doing the course I highly recommend staying in SLC, there is nothing, I mean nothing out here.