What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so i previously had my stock muffler, with turn downs before the axle with a corsa resonator delete.. loved it. not annoying, barely any drone, quiet enough but still some ecoboost noises... it came off the slip joint after i hit a wash out, and then shortly down the road turned into a pole vault and exited the underbelly over the rear axle, causing a bit of damage the underside of the bed on its way out...
20230617_204042.jpg

i was 1700 miles from home, so i had a shop put another muffler on, but i just kinda told him i wanted it quiet when i dropped it off and they ended up putting a dual 3in in/single 3in out and it sounded terrible at higher RPM and seemed to be too restrictive and too much back pressure.. sounded great around town though, but not at higher rpm/boost situation, like pressure leaking out somewhere...it sucks, because they did a really nice work, except for the muffler selection.. so i cut it off..
20230713_202544.jpg

and installed the SPD trombone, and I got a magnaflow 3in dual in, 3in dual out which has a straight thru X and with turndowns.. muffler will go on tomorrow..

20230713_202638.jpg

Robbiee

Reaction score
What did the rebuilt cost you?
I paid just under 800 but that’s with labor to take them off the truck and reinstall. Had a local shop who works with him do everything install wise. Was way easier for me this way cause I dont have blocks etc to leave it on. Plus, that’s roughly what an online exchange costs and I did no work.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Yep, they’re E. Only downside to all this is now I feel like I have a ton of slop/bump steer in the wheel. Feels better overal except the steering slack.
Gotcha! They were on my short list of tires but not sure i really want a Load range E. Wish they made them in a D. What pressure are you running in them?

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid just under 800 but that’s with labor to take them off the truck and reinstall. Had a local shop who works with him do everything install wise. Was way easier for me this way cause I dont have blocks etc to leave it on. Plus, that’s roughly what an online exchange costs and I did no work.

Perfect, thanks. I'm waiting on a local off-road shop to free up one of their lifts so that they can rebuild mine. That's about what I'm expecting to pay as well.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power stop z36 kit was on sale for $326 front and rear. Didn’t care for drilled/slotted but the price was great. Been on a maintenance kick lately lol. Hit the calipers with some silver while I was at it.

View attachment 416305
My experiences with that kit on lighter vehicles was stellar. Should serve you well. And, damn, for the money… can’t beat it.

Robbiee

Reaction score
My experiences with that kit on lighter vehicles was stellar. Should serve you well. And, damn, for the money… can’t beat it.
I had gone back and forth on a few options but ultimately the $$ won. I wanted to try a lower dust option as well since I got the new wheels lol. Maybe I’ll go Alcon eventually