What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever ask your dealer how much they would charge to replace your valve springs, or would they want to remove the heads?

I think this will be a good preventative measure for those over 200k, seems the valve springs break, shatter the valve and it drops through the piston, then the rod doesn’t go up, it goes sideways through the block!
I wouldn't let a dealer change a lug nut. Are you insane?!?!! Ok I let 'em do the last transmission recall but I know they could feel the evil eye over their shoulder the entire time :Nonono:

I agree and I will do mine soon (in frame), had I not already bought a stock set of 16 along with seals and a few retainers from Tasca I would have gotten an aftermarket set from @Cody Dawson with PAC springs and Ti retainers for a little more and pestered him relentlessly for tech support throughout the install haha! My current excuse is I need a beater car for grocery getting in case something goes amiss (if I drop a valve it's going to be a bitch to pull a head, the whole front timing cover and chains have to come off; I don't think that can happen if that hole is at TDC but there's always a chance I can F something up). Currently the Raptor is my only means of transportation so I need to keep scouring craigslist for a cheap backup Prius or something...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't let a dealer change a lug nut. Are you insane?!?!! Ok I let 'em do the last transmission recall but I know they could feel the evil eye over their shoulder the entire time :Nonono:

I agree and I will do mine soon (in frame), had I not already bought a stock set of 16 along with seals and a few retainers from Tasca I would have gotten an aftermarket set from @Cody Dawson with PAC springs and Ti retainers for a little more and pestered him relentlessly for tech support throughout the install haha! My current excuse is I need a beater car for grocery getting in case something goes amiss (if I drop a valve it's going to be a bitch to pull a head, the whole front timing cover and chains have to come off; I don't think that can happen if that hole is at TDC but there's always a chance I can F something up). Currently the Raptor is my only means of transportation so I need to keep scouring craigslist for a cheap backup Prius or something...
I recently have been thinking about oil pump/gears and valve springs.

Are people working on the engine in the engine bay? How in the world do you get it clean enough to do so if that is the case???

I get it too, mine is dirtier than most, but still.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The group I off-road with is going out there for about five days of trails. A mix of high speed and slower, technical trails. I'll probably do some exploring after as well since I'm on that end of the country.

Suggestions are welcome!
Metal Masters is a blast. Go all the way to the top and there's a great view from the edge. Do some of the regular trails - the Jeep guys will laugh until you pass them and do more, faster! LOL. Arches is a great place. Check out the trail that runs along the bottom half of the park. It'll take most a day, but it's a beautiful ride, with some great places to have fun.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short-term update on the RCV IWE eliminators. 400-500 mile road trip, zero issues on the interstate going 80. Slightly (and I mean like :gayfight: slightly) more steering effort, a little diff whine from the Torsen up front only noticeable at low speed when coasting (none at any other speed), 0.1mpg less (14.4 vs 14.5), instant 2/4wd engagement/disengagement. I was on the fence after initial install but Torsen's fine, CV's are fine, F those dam IWE's. I'll post them in the "Pay it Forward" thread, anybody need them or want a spare set? I pinched the vent tube on the driver's side, hence the 4wd engagement issue leading to the RCV's heh.
View attachment 352306
Did this myself. I love the stiffer steering personally. 20k miles (road - wish I had more off-road options near me).

With all the stories of issues I figured I’d go for it when I had to change a CV.

NO REGURTS…yet

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently have been thinking about oil pump/gears and valve springs.

Are people working on the engine in the engine bay? How in the world do you get it clean enough to do so if that is the case???

I get it too, mine is dirtier than most, but still.
I took just about everything off the engine when I did my spring cleaning, once you pull the headlights, fender liners/flares, battery box, air filter box and overflow, there’s lots of room in the engine compartment, lol.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my 2014 this past winter, it made a huge difference to modernizing the interior and it was pretty easy to install. That mod, along with the leather console cover, made it feel new. The blue background on all of the sync features also matches nicely with my blue trim, so it looks like it was meant to be.

I was used to Android Auto in my '19 Lariat and as much as I told myself I didn't need to upgrade the Raptor to have AA, that lasted all of 6 months LOL.
Great to hear!

I agree on the center console upgrade also, for me, it was worth the high cost for the OEM one from Ford. Looks better and feels better on the elbow!