What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NiteLife

Reaction score
Funny thing happened today....

What did you do with your Raptor today.... hmmm that's a good one.
I broke mine. Attempted a hole shot from a stop light and didn't make it to the other side of the intersection. At first I thought I grenaded my drive shaft. Towed it home, had to replace entire rear shaft due to broken rear yoke, U-joint and dented shaft, after replacement I attempted to test drive it. First gear is fine but 2nd and 3rd whines and grinds like one of those old hand cranked rail cars. Ford has it now, they already stated that my warranty won't cover it, due to my modifications to the engine (all I did was install a Pro Charger centrifugal super charger, I told them that "they have no sense of humor or sense adventure") They are to pull the pan and at least give me an idea what damage has occurred.
Any suggestions on a respectable high performance trannny shop?

I live in Ft. Wayne IN
2011 6.2 scab, 28k mi, stock tires and wheels.

mike.s

Reaction score
What did you do with your Raptor today.... hmmm that's a good one.
I broke mine. Attempted a hole shot from a stop light and didn't make it to the other side of the intersection. At first I thought I grenaded my drive shaft. Towed it home, had to replace entire rear shaft due to broken rear yoke, U-joint and dented shaft, after replacement I attempted to test drive it. First gear is fine but 2nd and 3rd whines and grinds like one of those old hand cranked rail cars. Ford has it now, they already stated that my warranty won't cover it, due to my modifications to the engine (all I did was install a Pro Charger centrifugal super charger, I told them that "they have no sense of humor or sense adventure") They are to pull the pan and at least give me an idea what damage has occurred.
Any suggestions on a respectable high performance trannny shop?

I live in Ft. Wayne IN
2011 6.2 scab, 28k mi, stock tires and wheels.

Were you wheel hopping when it happened?

NiteLife

Reaction score
Were you wheel hopping when it happened?
Yes a lot of wheel hop, didn't get off the go pedal quick enuff.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

How aggressively did you launch holy crap
Prolly the most aggressive I've gotten on it. My own stupidity... I was at a light between a Challenger and a Mustang... Guess I'll never grow up.

mike.s

Reaction score
Yes a lot of wheel hop, didn't get off the go pedal quick enuff.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Prolly the most aggressive I've gotten on it. My own stupidity... I was at a light between a Challenger and a Mustang... Guess I'll never grow up.

Same thing happened to me. Fortunately, there was no one around to witness my embarrassment.

Now, I have these and wheel hop is a distant memory:

IMG_20150224_173635_zpssffkndyn.jpg

IMG_20150224_173646_zpsqquhlpzv.jpg

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had any clearance issues? Those look like they hang down quite a bit.

S&B CAI and five star tune. Totally different truck now. Crazy how much of an improvement over stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike.s

Reaction score
Have you had any clearance issues? Those look like they hang down quite a bit.

S&B CAI and five star tune. Totally different truck now. Crazy how much of an improvement over stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. Haven't gone offroad yet since I had them installed.