What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was yesterday. I took my truck to Scenic Ford in Mt. Airy NC for some service bulletin work. Below is my experience with them thus far that I posted to Facebook this morning. Overall, I was impressed with the technician that did the work, but NOT the guy at the counter I spoke towhen I first went in for my appointment.

Since I didn't provide the update when I left the dealership yesterday, here it is. The visit at Scenic Ford started off kind of odd. My first impression? I wasn't impressed with the person I spoke with when I walked in the door. He asked what I was there for so I told him that I had an appointment for "Service Bulletin" work to be done. He responded by looking at me as if he didn't know what the term "Service Bulletin" meant and was VERY rude. His first reply was, "well you know we probably don't have the parts needed for the repairs. Now, I fully understand that a dealership must perform their own diagnosis on a vehicle before determining the needs repair procedures, but just because an informed customer walks in providing what he feels needs to be done is no reason to give that customer an attitude.

That being said. After about two hours I went looking for the truck. The technician was sitting in the truck outside with his scanner hooked to it. So I went to him and began talking with him about it, going over my experiences with the issues and the possible solutions. That technician was EXTREMELY helpful. He was not bothered one bit (if he was I couldn't tell by his attitude) by going over things with me. To the point that he allowed me to take a picture of the truck while it was on the lift and even went as far as explaining to me the difference between two different TSB applications that concern the drive shaft and why one fit better than the other. He fixed the issue I was having with the driveshaft and ordered the parts for the transmission so that they can perform those repairs as well.

Now, during my visit I was able to spend some time talking with a few different people from the sales department. Some about the Raptor and some about the new "Tremor" because they have a Ruby Red Tremor on their lot now and they have a new 14 Raptor on order that is about eight weeks out that hasn't sold yet. I must say, the time spent with Cameron Lineback and Justin Gough was time well spent. They were very friendly, professional and informative. To the point that they pulled the Tremor out from behind another truck in their lot so that I could take pictures of it to share.

In closing, so far, my experience has been satisfactory. Aside from one person's attitude, (which actually blew me away considering I was bringing in a FORD RAPTOR for service. You would think that he would see that as an opportunity to gain a long term customer). So far I would highly recommend Scenic Ford. I will post about my return visit when the time comes. Enjoy the pics in my next post of the new Ford Tremor they have available now!

bakkbakk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plastidipped my wheels today until Im ready to drop some more money on rims.

Too ******* dumb to figure out tapacock so youll just have to trust me it came out ok.