What are the most essential lighting upgrades? Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to keep it incognito and get some awesome light.... get a 30" light bar (take your pick) and install it behind the grill, right between the grill supports. I have a 30" Rigid RDS in that location and its excellent! Makes a perfect FU light to any prius or eco shit box that does 5 under in the fast lane. they move quick like.

Other option is a 40" behind the grill... forget who makes the brackets for that. but Ive seen a few and they awesome setups!

I had the 4.5" light cannons on the hood mount but once I put the RDS behind the grill, the light cannons were worthless. I ended up taking them off and selling them since there was no benifit over the bar. Plus, they kinda messed up the lines of the truck.... just didnt match/look as good... looked like a bolt on after thought (more of a jeep look thing).

My advice: if you want to get just ONE light that will throw out some serious light.... get these and toss a good 40" bar in there. You wont need a new bumper, you wont put a 20" in the stock bumper that youll just end up selling when you get an aftermarket bumper and you wont ruin the lines of your truck with some hood mounted cannons.
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Upper Grille Mount Black | Rigid Industries

If you need more light than that... youre going with a brow mounted 50-60" lightbar or a ran with a bunch of 6-8" KC's or Light Cannons.... but thats saying down some serious coin to do it right.

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It depends whether you're going for distance or just overall light. Distance you can't beat the Cannons or a few pairs of XL80 or XL Racer's from Baja Designs.

The bars are a great option as well if you want to keep it low-profile and put it behind the girls or in the lower bumper area as well

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
It depends whether you're going for distance or just overall light. Distance you can't beat the Cannons or a few pairs of XL80 or XL Racer's from Baja Designs.

The bars are a great option as well if you want to keep it low-profile and put it behind the girls or in the lower bumper area as well

Vacuum cleaner? very funny

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For TRR will a 40" Baja designs bar behind the grille and a pair of S2 Pros for wide cornering be enough or would I need more light for the night runs?